New to Radioboss - Events priorities

anigwei

Hi! I'm new into Radioboss. Although I was using and playing demo version.

Two facts: I have a jingle at o'clock hours (it says station name and the hour). It is triggered by saytime and forced to run (Run without waiting the current track to finish). This jingle is played as Overlay + pause playlist.

Why? Is the only solution I've found to that:

If there are music tracks playing: They must be interrupted and after jingle, go to next one. BUT if it is playing another event (for example, a 2h program), it must not interrupt current track.

Is there a cleaner way to to this?

I've found several bugs doing this: If hourly jingle is overlayed, and then there is a scheduled program, I have to set it to start after 15 seconds (this is the length of jingle). If not, event will play after current song EVEN it has marked "Run without waiting". Maybe this is a bug?

Regards!

If you have a long track playing, the solution is to either run time announcement with Overlay option, or not run it at all.

I've found several bugs doing this: If hourly jingle is overlayed, and then there is a scheduled program, I have to set it to start after 15 seconds (this is the length of jingle). If not, event will play after current song EVEN it has marked "Run without waiting". Maybe this is a bug?
It's unlikely there is a bug. If you have the "Run without waiting" option, the events starts immediately. Other events do not affect it.

Thank you @djsoft.

I think that it was a strange behavior because (i think) I don't use a usual scenario:

1) song is playing at '59
2) at 00:00 pauses song, enters overlay hour announcement (lasts 15 seconds)
3) at 00:15 unpauses song and continues

If I had an event scheduled for that hour:

1) song is playing at 0:59
2) at 00:00 pauses song, enters overlay hour announcement (lasts 15 seconds)
3) event scheduled enters but enters on queue.
3) at 00:15 unpauses song and continues
4) at ~03:00 last song ends and enter scheduled event EVEN if it was "run without waiting".

I found a workaround for this: To program schedule at 00:16 (one second after duration of hour announcement). But sometimes, the "unpause" could be heard and just one second of song playing at 00:00 can be heard before new event starts. I think that while playlist is paused and playing an overlay track, it could bring to that strange behaviours. It's my opinion.

The final and clean workaround that I found just after writing this post: Set event with "run without waiting" of course AND set "max time to queue: 0 seconds" and action: PLAY.

Regards.

4) at ~03:00 last song ends and enter scheduled event EVEN if it was "run without waiting".
I think this is because of the Pause option used in overlay event. It will either ignore the Pause option and start immediately, or wait until it's unpaused. I suggest you should change the event configuration tom avoid such conflicts. E.g do not use pause at top of the hour.

Back