next XXXX command

When I schedule a next 5000 command at 12:59:55 with a playlist set for 13:00:00, RB annoyingly and consistently fires the next music track for a couple of seconds before starting the playlist.

The same happens if I run next command at 12:59:56.    But when I run next at 12:59:57 it works OK. This suggests the actual trigger to fire off the next event is not occurring at the 5 sec point, but earlier. Can this be improved?

Also, as the next 5000 fade is very fast, the effect of a slow fade from 5 sec before TOTH is lost (the fadeout command is also too fast).  Can you improve the fade characteristic so it is not so aggressive on both of these commands?  Its difficult to hear the difference between next 5000 and next 8000.

The fading is linear. We'll probably add different curves in one of the next versions to make it sound different, so you can choose which one sounds better for your case.

We would certainly appreciate that refinement!

Can you respond to the first part of my last post please - that was the major issue....

Chris Deacon said:
Can you respond to the first part of my last post please - that was the major issue....
We can't really do anything about it with this version, debugging and fixing this will take a lot of time, while this is not the issue that many users face. I suggest you to wait for RadioBOSS 6.0, it's a major internals rework, many bugs like this will become history.

Back