Nice Touches

Conway

So many nice touches in this beta edition, I appreciate the abilty to darken track tool properties, after a few hundred it is easier on the eyes! Can the entire libary be darkened?

Also, is there a command in the music library to get it to search a folder and add just the new items from a folder and not duplicate those already in the library? Or is that already there and I missed it?

Conway said:
So many nice touches in this beta edition, I appreciate the abilty to darken track tool properties, after a few hundred it is easier on the eyes! Can the entire libary be darkened?
Yes, you can also change the Music Library style using the File->Style menu.

Conway said:
Also, is there a command in the music library to get it to search a folder and add just the new items from a folder and not duplicate those already in the library? Or is that already there and I missed it?
By default Music Library excludes duplicates, so if you add a folder two times, there will be no duplicates. This is controlled using the menu: Add->Do not add files already in a libarary.

Thank you! Now if I can just wrap my head around how to efficently use the 'ratings' system I will feel I accomplished something this weekend!  ;D

Conway said:
Thank you! Now if I can just wrap my head around how to efficently use the 'ratings' system I will feel I accomplished something this weekend!  ;D
It depends on what end result you want to achieve using ratings. Can you please provide more information?

I'd like to be able to create playlists based on chart popularity, ie: use #1's, #2's & #3's in one group to run  on a playlist 6am-6pm, then add in some lesser known tracks and deep cuts 6pm-midnight and then from midnight to 6am, whatever is left over (filler cuts, 12" versions, older misc tunes).

If I could leave them all in one folder, one library and have the playlist generator look at 'ratings' to know what to load in per playlist. Seems like it would be more efficent to try it that eay than using multiple folders and libraries. Is that the designed use of the ratings feature?

You can create multiple categories and assign filters to take only tracks with certain rating. Then order those categories in the rotation the way you need.

There's no right or wrong way to use the ratings. In your case this seems to be a good solution.

Back