No Repeat Rules not applying to video tracks

VictorM

Hi there! I've been using RadioBoss to play music videos for the past 6 months. The last version (6.1.0.5) added video track durations, which was fantastic, but one bug still..bugs me, Playlist Generation doesn't enforce Repeat Rules. I've checked and re-checked rules into individual categories, and they're all set to follow general rules. Yet I still lots of repeating artists much too soon, and have to manually dig them out. Anyone else hitting this problem? Do we have a fix incoming?
Attached fresh screenshot that highlights "Melting Dice" being repeated after 2 songs.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-05 092417.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-05 092417.png
    169.5 KB · Views: 201
Hello
When you create a playlist, do you see any error messages or warnings?
Hello Dmitry! That's the thing, I get no errors whatsoever. I used to get tons of them before you sorted out the video file duration to be shown.

That's the thing, I get no errors whatsoever. I used to get tons of them before you sorted out the video file duration
Does this only happen with videos or with audio files as well? A quick test does not confirm this error. Do you use the latest RadioBOSS (6.1)?

Using 6.1.0.5. Unfortunately I don't have any audio-only files in the library to be able to test it out. I've always used videos from the get-go, about 2000 of them, and never had the playlist repeat rules working.

Using 6.1.0.5. Unfortunately I don't have any audio-only files in the library to be able to test it out. I've always used videos from the get-go, about 2000 of them, and never had the playlist repeat rules working.
Thank you for the details, we'll check if there's a bug.

never had the playlist repeat rules working
We've checked it and the bug was not confirmed, the repeat protection rules properly work for video files. You can test if the rules are applied by setting a huge value e.g. 5000 minutes for artist repeat protection - it should show you that it's unable to find an appropriate track. If you don't see such a message, try clearing the cache - in the main menu in RadioBOSS click Tools->Clear tag cache.

Hi again Dmitry! It is most peculiar, I've tried clearing the cache + setting 10000 minutes for artist repeat protection, I get no errors but still see occasional artist next to one another. I triple checked that artist names are indeed the same, and not having any characters or spaces different. Upon clearing the cache and remaking playlist, I get quick flashes of every video track in the library, it's as though it's loading/previewing them, but this only happens the first time after clearing cache.

same problem

hen I insert the VIDEO (mp4) with "Add Track List" the reproduction of the first VIDEO is OK but the next one does not start
(with mp3 everything is ok)

If I create a playlist with VIDEO files the sequence is played correctly but the "last played" function is no longer recorded with a consequence on the repetition rules which are ignored

same problem

hen I insert the VIDEO (mp4) with "Add Track List" the reproduction of the first VIDEO is OK but the next one does not start
(with mp3 everything is ok)

If I create a playlist with VIDEO files the sequence is played correctly but the "last played" function is no longer recorded with a consequence on the repetition rules which are ignored
You're right! I've always thought the "last played" column was meant to stay unpopulated, but I recognise now that it never worked for my videos!

You're right! I've always thought the "last played" column was meant to stay unpopulated, but I recognise now that it never worked for my videos!
it would take a little to make everything work at its best ..
i think the problem is in managing and reading / writing tags on mp4

it would take a little to make everything work at its best ..
i think the problem is in managing and reading / writing tags on mp4
Sorry, maybe the tone of my reply was too "shouty". I was excited that I figured that out, lol. I have the utmost respect for Dmitry and the Djsoft team, the support is fantastic.

I get no errors but still see occasional artist next to one another
Currently we can't reproduce it here event after running thousands of automated tests. Please check if the playlist is not being shuffled e.g if you run it using the scheduled event.

I get quick flashes of every video track in the library, it's as though it's loading/previewing them, but this only happens the first time after clearing cache.
Yes, this is a known issue when a video playback plugin is used. We'll fix it in one of the next updates.

Currently we can't reproduce it here event after running thousands of automated tests. Please check if the playlist is not being shuffled e.g if you run it using the scheduled event.

Yes, this is a known issue when a video playback plugin is used. We'll fix it in one of the next updates.
Hey again. I always create the playlists manually. I attached a screenshot which reveals something that could prove useful in finding the problem: the structure of the playlist is held only once, after that it breaks - Chill for example is nowhere to be seen. Where a Chill track should be, "Les Elephants Bizzares" took it's place and shouldn't be there. Later "Simona Radu" is seen side-by-side. Again, no errors on generating the playlist.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-21 184111.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-21 184111.png
    429.9 KB · Views: 191
I attached a screenshot which reveals something that could prove useful in finding the problem: the structure of the playlist is held only once, after that it breaks - Chill for example is nowhere to be seen.
Please check the generator log, how many tracks are loaded from the "Chill" category and how many remained after the filters.

I get 140 songs Chill tracks after filtering, but no errors.
Also, we're starting to get requests for exporting Play Counts, any idea when this feature will work for videos? Thanks!

FIXED IT! In a stroke of luck, I remade the Playlist Generator Preset from scratch (haven't done this since I installed RadioBoss a year ago) and everything is working as intended! Thanks for everything, Dmitry!

Back