Not playing all songs in folders.

DR

Hello. I just recently purchased RadioBoss. I'm having a problem. Not all my songs in my folders are being played. Some songs are getting played often while others are not at all.

The do not repeat settings in the Playlist Generator are working fine.

It seems like songs are just being ignored all together. For example, I've heard the same song twice, 18 hours apart coming from a folder that has 481 songs in it. This category has 4 songs per hour being played. Obviously with that many songs in the folder being played at that frequency, I should not be hearing the same song 18 hours later. It should be approximately 4.5 days until I hear the same song again with how I have my clock hour set up.

Is there a setting I'm missing to make RB play all the songs in each folder before repeating?

Thanks in advance!

D

Track selection is random, it only checks if a track fits all the rules and filters, and if so, it adds track to the playlist. Strict repeat protection rules can lead to a situation when Playlist Generator does not have enough "freedom" to select tracks - so lowering repeat protection periods can result in better playlists.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Even though it is selecting tracks randomly, and barring any rules that are in effect, is there any way to make sure it plays all the songs in the category before repeating them?

Thanks,

D

DR said:
Thanks for your reply. Even though it is selecting tracks randomly, and barring any rules that are in effect, is there any way to make sure it plays all the songs in the category before repeating them?
Currently not. It will try to select songs that were not played yet, but it's not guaranteed. We'll try to improve it in one of the future updates.

Back