Not Sure How Hourly Generated Playlist Works

EndoSkull

Alright so here is what I'm doing - let me know if it's wrong/right etc.

I have a different DJ for each hour - the DJ has an intro file for the start of the playlist and a DJ for the end of the playlist.

(So far all is good)

I have each playlist set to:

If there are tracks from the schedule - enqueue & add to end of the playlist

I did this because I noticed I was getting the end of the current playlist CUTOFF before the outro would play.

This all seems to be working - but I'm wondering if this is the wrong way to do it?
As I assume that the playlist will continue to grow and grow in the playlist window as there is never a command to clear out the previous playlist.

Is this an issue or will previous playlist items that are stacked automatically start being removed as hourly playlists are generated?
Thanks
-Endo

As I assume that the playlist will continue to grow and grow in the playlist window as there is never a command to clear out the previous playlist.
It will not. After all tracks that were inserted by the scheduled event are played, they are removed from the playlist. This is unless you have enabled the "Insert as regular music tracks" option - in this case, the tracks will not be removed.

You can also enable the "Clear playlist" option for some events, e.g. run it at 00.00 at night, or clear the playlist when a new hourly playlist is started.

Back