PHP Request System

exposureir

Hey,

I have a request to be able to request songs thru a php script. I found a winamp plugin that would work but I think you guys can do a better job at it.

Here is a link to the winamp plugin: http://www.winamp.com/plugin/bogprog-webjockey-1-4/222075

Only thing with the winamp plugin is that in order to request a song you have to have some random number and everytime you take a song out of the playlist or really make any changes it won't work. So it would be awesome if you guys could either make it where you send the file location of the song or a song ID or something. Maybe give each song in the base a different ID and that could be used to request the song? I'm sure you guys can think of something. :)

I know someone has already asked about this and you guys said you would implement it in a future version, but I wanted to let you guys know I would also like this and share a few thoughts of mine on it.

Thanks,
Shawn

Thanks for the idea. We have plans to do something about it in later versions. I think there will be something in the future RadioBOSS 4.6 version.

Hey, I was just thinking about this, and what you should do is add some kinda functionality where you can do commands (like you can do in scheduler) thru a php request.

Not sure how hard this would be, but it would probably be the best thing so that way we can play/stop a song, go to the next track, generate playlists, and all the other commands you can do in RadioBOSS. That way we can do a request system and just say "play x" with the file name, and do it like that.

Only thing, when you send the log files via HTTP Requests you would have to add a %filename variable so we can know what songs have what filename.

I can develop some sample PHP codes for people on how to do commands via PHP if you guys integrate that.. Just let me know.

Yes, I thought about it already. Some kind of remote control system. It will also allow (in addition to what you've written) to control RadioBOSS from mobile phone or internet cafe :)
After RadioBOSS 4.5 release will be ready, something will be done in this respect.
Thanks!

Okay awesome! That sounds really awesome. I do internet radio, so for me to be able to control the station from the site is gonna really help. Thank you very much. :)

Oh and like I said, I have been doing PHP for years so if you need any help in that area let me know, I would be glad to help!

exposureir said:
Oh and like I said, I have been doing PHP for years so if you need any help in that area let me know, I would be glad to help!
Thanks for offer, it will be very nice! I don't know yet what exactly should be done... this should be considered carefully: authorization, features, interfaces etc. Within couple of weeks something will appear about this )

About authorization, basically send 2 HTTP variables to the server. The command, then a key of somesort. Have in settings where they can change the key if they have to, and then the PHP config would have to input the key/ip address in order to send the commands.

But yeah I understand the rest, so I will keep my eyes out for this.

Hey,

I was messing around with php and trying to make something to ad songs to a playlist over PHP. I think I can make something on my own...

I believe there is a way with RadioBOSS to run a windows command to add songs and whatnot, basically the command the scheduler calls in windows.

Something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\RadioBOSS\radioboss.exe play file

I am not sure if that would work or not, or if there is another command. But could you please tell me the correct way to run radioboss with windows commands, if there is a way?

There's no command line to add a file to playlist yet... There used to be the "file <filaname>" command but it removed starting from 4.x versions. Will be back in 4.5.1.

The 4.5.1 release will be very soon, so you can try again :) I think more commands may be added (like, clear playlist... or same commands as scheduler has).

okay nice! I can't wait until its done. you defentaly should add more commands that way we can work with the program and do stuff, kinda like a API in a way?

Yes, there will be some kind of API. I don't think it will be fully implemented in 4.5.1... Current plan includes, but not limited to:
- additional command line parameters to control playlist/playback
- messaging system (WinApi SendMessage), this will allow to send requests to program and receive response

okay yeah, that sounds great! I have to say, I am glad I found you guys cause you listen to our requests and really do everything you can to get features we request added. I have recommended you guys to multiple people, will continue to recommend you, and I will keep using your software for years.

Thanks for everything you do. :)

Hey there, I was curious if there is any updates on the PHP request pages for RadioBOSS.

DJFireCFR said:
Hey there, I was curious if there is any updates on the PHP request pages for RadioBOSS.
It will be implemented after RadioBOSS API will be released... I don't know any ETA on it yet.

Finally HTTP Remote Control API was added in RadioBOSS 4.9: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3326.0.html

Back