play a playlist .m3u from Windows Explorer

Leandrofiorenza said:
You can play a list .m3u in RB from Windows Explorer using "open with> choose default program >> RadioBOSS"?
There used to be such a feature in the past, but it was removed couple of years ago. There were complains about it, and, as this feature is almost useless for broadcasting, we decided to remove it.

hello first of all I think you did not see my last post:
http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic, 2899.msg9000.html#msg9000
with respect to the other, I must relay a streaming 24 hours and the new feature to increase the buffer I work very well. but Ahun so I had a few times my streaming cut.
djsoft said:
Leandrofiorenza said:
You can play a list .m3u in RB from Windows Explorer using "open with> choose default program >> RadioBOSS"?
There used to be such a feature in the past, but it was removed couple of years ago. There were complains about it, and, as this feature is almost useless for broadcasting, we decided to remove it.
You are right that it is useless for broadcasting, but in my case I would be very useful because i was developing a software script called AutoIt, analyzing my bandwidth Internet, and if it is below certain predetermined values ??run a straming playlist with a low quality (32 kbps aac) and if there is high bandwidth runs a playlist with a straming of (mp3 192 kbps). for this script too run I somehow need to load the playlist in rb, so I never thought of this idea, but I think I am is very personal and you have no reason that did not provide for other radio users boss. sorry, look for another solution.

Leandrofiorenza said:
hello first of all I think you did not see my last post:
I saw this post, and was thinking about it. I'll answer to it later, when I have something concrete.

Leandrofiorenza said:
I think I am is very personal and you have no reason that did not provide for other radio users boss. sorry, look for another solution.
Soon Remote Control for RadioBOSS will be released as well as RadioBOSS API - it will allow to control it via external programs like AutoIt. API will allow add tracks, load playlists and perform many other actions.

You can load RB with a specified playlist using "list" command:
C:\Program Files (x86)\RadioBOSS\radioboss.exe "list Path\To\M3U"

But this will not reload a playlist in the currently running RadioBOSS instance.

This will be great! :) . but I can not understand what you wrote (But This Will not reload a playlist in the RadioBOSS Currently running instance.)
Do you mean to load a playlist from API, RB must be closed, and will not be possible to change the list by another when RadioBOSS is open?

Leandrofiorenza said:
Do you mean to load a playlist from API, RB must be closed, and will not be possible to change the list by another when RadioBOSS is open?
Yes.

ok, you can manually run an event from the api when RB is open?
I ask you to go and using my scrip, because if this is not possible to run an event from the programmer, I think my scrip should be like this:
Step 1) checks the speed
Step 2) if speed> 256 bkps go to step 4, but aa step 3
Step 3) RB closes and reopens from the api with streaming 32 kbps
Step 4) RB closes and reopens from the api with streaming 192 kbps
Step 5) wait 30 minutes and returns to step 1

Well, the API is not released yet, it's just planned for the future versions :) With the API, yes, it will be possible to control the current instance of the program.

Regarding your script, probably it will work. You should have 2 installations of RB (for 192k and one for 32k) and start appropriate one when needed.

the implementation of a radio boss api would be something great, can it make a lot of things impossible to do so far.  :eek: I'm thinking of doing some script to put music into the air by SMS. I hope to be implemented soon.  ;) With respect to the temporary solution, the idea is very good, I had not happened. I will be put into practice works. thanks

Back