Play and stop icons on playlist columns

box26609

1. I would like to suggest the addition of play and stop icons to the playlist columns, like you recently did for prelisten and delete on each track.

In the current set up, in order to play a track from the playlist, 2 actions must be performed. One must select the track, then go all the way to the bottom of the page and click the play button. The other option is to select the track, then press whatever hotkey button has been designated for the play function. There is also the option of double-clicking the track on the playlist for it to start playing. As you can see, in all cases, its 2 actions. I have come to find these methods a bit cumbersome. I think a much more convenient method would be to click a play icon right on the track. I would appreciate the option of being able to do so, as I think it would make things easier. One would then just go straight to the desired track, hit the play icon once, and boom, its playing. No hassle. And just like the prelisten and delete icons, one could opt to add it to his play list columns if he so chooses.

2. I wonder whether it is possible to have a more visible way of showing which track is currently playing on the playlist. Not so easy to tell right now.

3. Sometimes you'll scroll far down the playlist, and struggle to get back to the now playing track i.e you lose your bearings. It would be cool to have a function that let's you snap right back up to the now playing track as and when you need to, rather than having to wait till a new track plays (at which point it usually scrolls back automatically).

Thank you.

1. This can be a problem when you accidentally click on the play icon in the playlist and unwanted track starts to play.

2 and 3. You can click on a Now playing bar (green box) and it'll scroll the playlist to a currently playing track. I'm not sure there is any good way to make current track more visible.

Or you could just double click the track you want to play, instead of highlighting then clicking play button at bottom..

djsoft said:
1. This can be a problem when you accidentally click on the play icon in the playlist and unwanted track starts to play.

Thank you for your response. I suppose that this is possible, but I imagine it would be unlikely. One could have equally argued, prior to your inclusion of it, that by adding a delete icon someone could accidentally delete an unwanted track as well. But I doubt this has happened many times, and if it has, I think most would agree that the benefit of it being there supersedes the associated risks. The delete icon was indeed a welcome addition - for those of us who care to use it anyway, since one can opt to keep it invisible. A play icon could also be available on an optional basis, for those who may prefer to utilize it.

Speaking as someone who works in a semi-automated environment (i.e. occasionally interrupts the flow of songs to talk then resume playback on cue), having the option of a single-click play icon on the playlist will significantly make life easier. I have on occasion clicked the main play button at the bottom and found myself playing an undesired track because I hadn't first highlighted the desired track up in the playlist before hitting 'play'. Having to go through two steps to play a track can get cumbersome in a semi-automated environment. Meanwhile, double-clicking the desired track for it to play on cue doesn't really solve this problem, because when you're doing a live segment - for example - you kind of want to time the start of a song to exactly when you utter the last word, or the joke's punchline, to keep the energy moving (...which is why the carts are so awesome. This is the same ease of use I seek for the playlist). I have sometimes not double-clicked fast enough, and have spent several moments thereafter fidgeting with more double-clicking before the song actually plays. The flow is affected.

2 and 3. You can click on a Now playing bar (green box) and it'll scroll the playlist to a currently playing track.

Tried it. Its exactly what I needed. Thanks!

I'm not sure there is any good way to make current track more visible.

Okay.

Kroakster said:
Or you could just double click the track you want to play, instead of highlighting then clicking play button at bottom..

Yes that is an option. I have explained my issues with that in my previous comment:

Meanwhile, double-clicking the desired track for it to play on cue doesn't really solve this problem, because when you're doing a live segment - for example - you kind of want to time the start of a song to exactly when you utter the last word, or the joke's punchline, to keep the energy moving (...which is why the carts are so awesome. This is the same ease of use I seek for the playlist). I have sometimes not double-clicked fast enough, and have spent several moments thereafter fidgeting with more double-clicking before the song actually plays. The flow is affected.

The Play icon will be added as well - I get your point about the Delete icon, and as we can hide unneeded features, the Play icon can be a good addition for some people. Expect it in the RadioBOSS 5.1.1 update.

djsoft said:
The Play icon will be added as well - I get your point about the Delete icon, and as we can hide unneeded features, the Play icon can be a good addition for some people. Expect it in the RadioBOSS 5.1.1 update.

Super! Thanks a million.

djsoft said:

We are now on the RadioBOSS 5.1.3 update and I don't see this feature yet. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong? Please advise.

box26609 said:
We are now on the RadioBOSS 5.1.3 update and I don't see this feature yet. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong? Please advise.
It's planned for the next major update - RadioBOSS 5.2. Updates where the third number in version changes are so called "maintenance updates" and usually contain only bug fixes, no new features.
RadioBOSS 5.2 (beta) will be released in September.

djsoft said:
box26609 said:
It's planned for the next major update - RadioBOSS 5.2. Updates where the third number in version changes are so called "maintenance updates" and usually contain only bug fixes, no new features.
RadioBOSS 5.2 (beta) will be released in September.

Okay, thank you.

Back