Play Next?

Mrshades

New member
What happened to the right click on a song in a playlist and being able to select play track next? This would let the playlist continue from that point.

I use this feature everyday! Any workaround or a chance to bring it back?


TIA
 

pety

Active member
Mrshades said:
What happened to the right click on a song in a playlist and being able to select play track next? This would let the playlist continue from that point.

I use this feature everyday! Any workaround or a chance to bring it back?


TIA
You mean "Add to playback queue" ? Becouse it works.
 

Mrshades

New member
pety said:
Mrshades said:
What happened to the right click on a song in a playlist and being able to select play track next? This would let the playlist continue from that point.

I use this feature everyday! Any workaround or a chance to bring it back?


TIA
You mean "Add to playback queue" ? Becouse it works.

No. When you r-click on a track (lets say) 20 tracks down in the playlist, you used to be able to select "Play Next" and that track would play next and the playlist would continue from that new point.

I just checked and with this update I am able to drag the current song down to the point where I need my playlist to continue playing from. It works but it's not very useful when you have a playlist with over 500+ songs and you need to get to a song at the end of that playlist...  It's a real "drag".  :)
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
Please try using the "Add to playback queue" feature. It works exactly as "Next play" in previous versions if you use it on one track, and it also allows to queue multiple "next tracks" in advance.
 

DavenLC

New member
I asked the SAME question when 5.2.x was released...  I actually found it very useful...  especially when DJ'ing a couple of parties - people kept requesting music.. I used ctrl-F to find the song, added them to queue.  It'll put a (number) next to the song..  i.e. song(1) song (2), song(3) etc... 
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
DavenLC said:
I asked the SAME question when 5.2.x was released...
I was surprised how many people missed the "Next play" feature and didn't notice the new "Playback queue", which is superior compared to good old "Next play".
 

DavenLC

New member
I LOVE it!  It's better than the "Next Play"..  I can keep adding as music requests come in...  Then, when I want to take a break, it'll continue in Auto... 
 

Mrshades

New member
djsoft said:
DavenLC said:
I asked the SAME question when 5.2.x was released...
I was surprised how many people missed the "Next play" feature and didn't notice the new "Playback queue", which is superior compared to good old "Next play".

I think the issue is in the wording. "Add to playback queue" doesn't really imply the track will play next. That's where the confusion happens, I'm assuming.  :)


Thanks for the assist.
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
Mrshades said:
I think the issue is in the wording. "Add to playback queue" doesn't really imply the track will play next. That's where the confusion happens, I'm assuming.  :)
Noted. The user manual will have better explanation about this feature.
 

pety

Active member
djsoft said:
DavenLC said:
I asked the SAME question when 5.2.x was released...
I was surprised how many people missed the "Next play" feature and didn't notice the new "Playback queue", which is superior compared to good old "Next play".
I did  ;)
http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,4217.msg19389.html#msg19389
 
Top