Play Next?

Mrshades

What happened to the right click on a song in a playlist and being able to select play track next? This would let the playlist continue from that point.

I use this feature everyday! Any workaround or a chance to bring it back?

TIA

Mrshades said:
What happened to the right click on a song in a playlist and being able to select play track next? This would let the playlist continue from that point.

TIA
You mean "Add to playback queue" ? Becouse it works.

pety said:
Mrshades said:

TIA
You mean "Add to playback queue" ? Becouse it works.

No. When you r-click on a track (lets say) 20 tracks down in the playlist, you used to be able to select "Play Next" and that track would play next and the playlist would continue from that new point.

I just checked and with this update I am able to drag the current song down to the point where I need my playlist to continue playing from. It works but it's not very useful when you have a playlist with over 500+ songs and you need to get to a song at the end of that playlist...  It's a real "drag".  :)

Please try using the "Add to playback queue" feature. It works exactly as "Next play" in previous versions if you use it on one track, and it also allows to queue multiple "next tracks" in advance.

I asked the SAME question when 5.2.x was released...  I actually found it very useful...  especially when DJ'ing a couple of parties - people kept requesting music.. I used ctrl-F to find the song, added them to queue.  It'll put a (number) next to the song..  i.e. song(1) song (2), song(3) etc... 

DavenLC said:
I asked the SAME question when 5.2.x was released...
I was surprised how many people missed the "Next play" feature and didn't notice the new "Playback queue", which is superior compared to good old "Next play".

I LOVE it!  It's better than the "Next Play"..  I can keep adding as music requests come in...  Then, when I want to take a break, it'll continue in Auto... 

djsoft said:
DavenLC said:
I was surprised how many people missed the "Next play" feature and didn't notice the new "Playback queue", which is superior compared to good old "Next play".

I think the issue is in the wording. "Add to playback queue" doesn't really imply the track will play next. That's where the confusion happens, I'm assuming.  :)

Thanks for the assist.

Mrshades said:
I think the issue is in the wording. "Add to playback queue" doesn't really imply the track will play next. That's where the confusion happens, I'm assuming.  :)
Noted. The user manual will have better explanation about this feature.

djsoft said:
DavenLC said:
I did  ;)
http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,4217.msg19389.html#msg19389

Back