Play single file from a scheduled playlist?

progrocktv

I've been trying out Radioboss but couldn't figure this out. We're an "in-house" video system & our older software is no longer supported, so I'm looking at Radioboss as a replacement since it plays video files). I'm looking to create a playlist that will only play one file from the list, save it, and then play the next file from that list the next time that playlist is scheduled. I'd also like to run a default folder (or playlist) which contains commercials, promos, short films and other short-length files, after that one file has finished as "filler" until the next scheduled playlist. I have created a schedule of shows to air at certain days & times, usually on the hour or half-hour mark, so for example 1 episode of SHOW A will play at Sunday night at 7, given the length of the episode which is about 25 minutes, the episode will play through and at about 7:25 the player will go back to the "default commercial" folder/playlist and play commercials until the next scheduled event which is SHOW B on Sunday at 7:30. That episode will play until about 7:55 and then switch back to the "default commercial" folder/playlist until the next show at 8:00 and so on. I schedule these playlists months(even a year) in advance with new series replacing previous series that have finished their run (so when SHOW A airs it's final episode, the next week the first episode of SHOW C will start airing in it's timeslot. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

You can use scheduler to load random track from specified folder - use Wizard button to set this up.

The "Default playlist" should be created in the playlist window ("Main" playlist by default) - when there's a scheduled event it will be inserted into the playlist. When scheduled track ends, it continues to play the default playlist.

Thanks for the info. Actually instead of a "Random Track" we would need specific episodes to air in order (we have some continuing series as well as a soap opera, etc.) so episode 1 would air one week, episode 2 the next week and so on. Many of the series have several episodes (around 20-30 episodes per season with one series even being close to 1,000 :eek: and scheduling each individual file each week would be a nightmare since it's just me running the channel. Our current software we have a "rotation" list where we add all of our episodes in one playlist, when the playlist it scheduled it will play one file from that playlist, save it remembering where it left off so it plays the next file next time it's scheduled,  and revert back to the default playlist.  Is there a feature in Radioboss that does this? or would it be possible to implement something like this in a future release? I think it would be EXTREMELY useful not for just video but radio as well, especially people producing multiple episodes at a time but only want one airing per week/day/etc. (Also I know several Old Time Radio channels that would probably LOVE using this when airing episodes of radio shows, especially things like soap operas)

Thanks!

I think Playlist Generator Pro will remember the last position in the source playlists and continue from it the next time playlist is created. This is scheduler for RadioBOSS 4.9.

I'll give it another shot. When I tried it last time it seemed to insert the ENTIRE contents of the playlist I scheduled (every episode in the playlist) instead of just one file. Not sure if I was doing something wrong or not. Also I'll shoot you a PM and attach a copy of one of the rotation lists (you can open it up as a text document and see what it looks like) and I can explain a couple of other things about it.

Thanks!

It can insert entire playlist or only select only one track from it. It just doesn't remember the last position in the source playlist after you close it - this will be changed.

Thanks for example file. I think we'll add such a feature.

This feature will be added in RadioBOSS 4.9.0.4, visit this topic for details on the new version: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3326.0.html

Playlist Generator Pro will store the position in the source, so each time playlist is generated it would be possible to take next track from the source.

Back