Playback does not always start

Christian

Hello,

I want to report a new issue concerning playback. IF RB is not playing anything, playlist empty, player stoped I then use the scheduler to load a track but sometime playback does not start despite the track is properly loaded, title, artist name, cue points are displayed in the playlist.
No error message displayed
If I double click on the track, playback start normally.
If I then load other tracks thay are properly played. The issue only occurs when RB has been idle for some time. This is not systematic sometime playback starts sometime not.
RB 5.4.7.1 on  Windows 10
File is located on a Linux server through a permanent samba share but I am not sure this is linked.

Christian

Did you see any error messages in the log when the event was not started? Can you please send a screenshot of the affected event?

I think it was due to using a streaming hht source that does not exist. RB tries to play (or to wait for the stream) forever...
It seems RB does not respond properly to scheduler tasks in that case. Other actions such as double click, stop, play button works.

Network stream initialization is performed in the background and will not affect operation, including event startup - so the problem is somewhere else.

Please try updating to the latest version and see if the problem still exists there.

Back