PlayCount The numbers are random and they don't tell the truth! When is the solution?

Bensisko

Hello,
Despite many Threads the solution still seems distant, the numbers do not tell the truth to new files just downloaded, the date is changed and indicated as already played many times when they are instead at the first Playcount, this function is very important to verify the updates of mp3 files, as it works now are only useless numbers. Why isn't this restored as in version 5? Just like now, it's no use. Thank's

If you add a new file, it will have a playcount of zero. If you replace an existing file, the playcount will be kept as it was, changing the file does not reset its playcount.

That's why I wrote the Thread. Until RadioBoss Version 5 when a file was overwritten, it had a new edit date that allowed the Playcount a reset to zero.
Version 6 after all updates no longer does this, also because it updates the date of change of the File every time, and this does not have to be done, creates confusion and it is not possible to understand if the file has been overwritten recently, a very important function for those who receive programs on mp3 files for example, which are overwritten every week. For this reason, resuming the playcount in version 5 is very important, for a radio.

Makes sense. We'll add an advanced option to allow this behaviour.
I'm glad you understand, the importance of the Playcount is crucial to understand if program providers regularly update them by overwriting the mp3 file. Many radios also receive programs with other Download software, Important to know if everything works regularly, This was possible until the Playcount works in the RadioBoss 5 version, in the past there have been problems downloading a high number of Playcount was an important alarm message to understand that something was not working. So I'm waiting for this very important change.

It's scheduled for the next update. Currently I can't tell when it'll be released.

I'm glad I was listened to, and also helped those like me who might have the same problem checking for program updates through the Playucount. The fact that you always listen to what you're written and made the right changes makes RadioBoss a one-of-a-kind radio automation program. Good keep it up!

I also noticed this important Bug (I think), the Playcount as we know changes the date of the file to what current one it played, determining a fake Playcount number, as we have already said, and waiting in the modification of the next version of RadioBoss. This also creates a problem with TrackTool that when a new download takes place then overwritten the old track with the new one, with a new track update keeps the data of that previous example start and end, this data is stored staggering for example the mix point that had been set to the previous mp3, I noticed this because after setting the beginning and end of a track of a program to the new download stopped earlier! I hope I have explained it well and that it has been understood.

Yes, the problem is understood. We'll change the way how the "APEv2" information storage works, to make it reset the data when the file is changed.

I'm still using version 5.9.4.0, should I still be able to reset playcounts? Because I used to do it from time to time when needed, but I can't find how to do it anymore... Any insight?
Thx :)

Geez, that's exactly how i used to do it. Not sure why i didn't find my way back, it's pretty intuitive.

Thx a lot!

Back