Playlist generation for full day

Hi.

Forgive me if this has been asked before.

I have created a different playlist structure (or industry term "clock") for each hour of the day, as each hour has unique music needs (some hours have more talk, others less).

I want to be able to generate a music playlist for a whole 24 hour period, based on the structures I have created for each unique hour.

At the moment, I generate the playlist for the 00:00 hour, and export to Playlist 2. I then generate the playlist for the 01:00 hour, and export it to Playlist 2 (making sure I have selected "Add to End). And so on.

I need to do this 24 times to create a full day's playlist.

I want to be able to generate one single playlist, instead of 24 individual ones (I also want to make full use of the artist and song separation rules).

Is there currently any way to do this?

Thanks so much for your help.

James

A similar feature was requested before (http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3954.0.html), and I think it will be implemented pretty soon - currently planned for RadioBOSS 5.3. The idea was to add other Playlist Generator presets to the "Playlist structure" window, something like "preset in the preset". I think this will work for your case too.

By the way ! I made a unique .bat file wich generates playlists for a week in this way:
  • 24 playlists per day (some of them are unique);
  • For every day 7/7.
First of all I made 38 presets (I know, there are a lot) in Playlist Generator Pro, then every command in script file.

Who wants can check my .bat file to have an ideea or to make improvements wich can be shared...

Attachments

• 8_ALL_WEEK.bat
    17.6 KB · Views: 327
pety said:
By the way ! I made a unique .bat file wich generates playlists for a week in this way:
It will work this way, but when this feature will be added to Playlist Generator the "no-repeat" rules will work better (e.g. the second playlist will not repeat tracks from the previous playlist).

djsoft said:
pety said:
It will work this way, but when this feature will be added to Playlist Generator the "no-repeat" rules will work better (e.g. the second playlist will not repeat tracks from the previous playlist).
I can't wait...
When it will be 5.3 ?

James Totton said:
Hi.

Forgive me if this has been asked before.

I have created a different playlist structure (or industry term "clock") for each hour of the day, as each hour has unique music needs (some hours have more talk, others less).

I want to be able to generate a music playlist for a whole 24 hour period, based on the structures I have created for each unique hour.

At the moment, I generate the playlist for the 00:00 hour, and export to Playlist 2. I then generate the playlist for the 01:00 hour, and export it to Playlist 2 (making sure I have selected "Add to End). And so on.

I need to do this 24 times to create a full day's playlist.

I want to be able to generate one single playlist, instead of 24 individual ones (I also want to make full use of the artist and song separation rules).

Is there currently any way to do this?

Thanks so much for your help.

James

Thanks so much James Totton for making this request. I've been struggling to come up with a way to express the same ideas as a request but the words just kept getting stuck in my mind. LOL. I honestly hope this will be implemented soon. Indeed, many if not most of us operate in an hourly "clock" scheduling environment, and are used to exporting a whole day's schedule with all the artist and song separation rules applied for the entire 24-hour period. I have not been able to pull this off under Radio Boss' current scheduling algorithms that produce playlists that are generally independent of one another. In my case often the same songs end up appearing every single hour because the separation rules I  specify are not respected across playlists, but only within them. I have found this frustrating. The one solution I use to avoid this problem is to create playlists that are several hours long  - but I don't need to tell you how cumbersome and inefficient this is!

This feature is planned for RadioBOSS 5.3 and will be available very soon :) (beta version in April).

Back