Playlist Generator error SQL

JeanXeb

Hello,
The playlist generator cannot generate the playlists :

ERROR! Unable to use database: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'handshake: reading initial communication packet', system error: 0 (2013)

However the sql connection is valid...

The SQL server send the following information :
"The number of aborted connections due to a client interrupt without properly closing the connection."
I want to clarify that only radioboss communicates with this sql server.

Would you have a solution?

radioboss : 6.2.3.2
serveur : MySQL
Version du serveur : 8.0.31 - MySQL Community Server - GPL
Version du protocole : 10

Cordialy

Last edited:
When you configure connection in RadioBOSS, please press the Test button - does it succeed?

Yes, the connection is successful.
Here is the activity curve with just the studio playing.
The software makes a lot of requests !

Server report: (only radioboss "studio")
  • query per hour : 683 788
  • query per minute : 11 396
  • query per seconde : 190

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-01-16 094704.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2023-01-16 094704.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Capture d’écran 2023-01-16 095101.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2023-01-16 095101.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Yes, the connection is successful.
Here is the activity curve with just the studio playing.
The software makes a lot of requests !

Server report: (only radioboss "studio")
  • query per hour : 683 788
  • query per minute : 11 396
  • query per seconde : 190
The number of requests depends on what you do. For every newly added track to the playlist it can make 2-3 requests, also it performs several requests when you play a track (first read info, then write).
It should not be an issue because the database server is designed for such tasks.

RE the original playlist generator issue, does it always show you this error, or it's only occasional?

Yes the playlist generator sends this error occasionally but more and more ...

Me after I'm looking for what could be the causes my server is strong but the station is impressive with a large database.
The playlist generator generates 24 hours of playlist in 35 minutes.

Last edited:
Could the software make a request when loading the playlist in the studio. Cache the information and no longer query the SQL server ?

Me after I'm looking for what could be the causes my server is strong but the station is impressive with a large database.
The playlist generator generates 24 hours of playlist in 35 minutes.
For performance reasons you should keep MySQL server on the same machine where RadioBOSS runs, in this case it'll work much faster because there will be no network overhead.

Could the software make a request when loading the playlist in the studio. Cache the information and no longer query the SQL server ?
This will not really work, because the purpose of using MySQL server is to have actual data that is shared between RadioBOSS instances. With caching, there will still be a request to ensure the cache entry is valid, so it won't make things faster. It will actually be one more request if the data changes often: one request to check cache, then request to get the data if it's changed.

Server should not break the connection. I think you should look into MySQL configuration. It's not possible for RadioBOSS to break the server, MySQL is designed to handle much, much more requests that RadioBOSS makes.

The MySQL server is on the same machine as radioss but the station has a lot of tags ... (conditions)

For the moment, restarting the entire SQL server environment and Radioboss seems to have corrected the problem.
The error will inevitably come back ...

For the moment, restarting the entire SQL server environment and Radioboss seems to have corrected the problem.
If so then you need to re-check your server configuration. Or, alternatively, try using MariaDB server instead (it's compatible with MySQL so will also work with RadioBOSS).

I conclude after a week without problems that the SQL and radioboss set needs to be restarted daily in order to remain stable !

I conclude after a week without problems that the SQL and radioboss set needs to be restarted daily in order to remain stable !
It's not true. No restarting is required. If you require restarting daily, it's certainly not normal and the issue is with your configuration - either it's hardware issue, or some other software interferes, or it could be incorrect MariaDB/MySQL configuration.

BTW, we tested it with RadioBOSS 6.1, left it running for more than a year - no problems at all. Neither RadioBOSS or MariaDB required restart, or had any issues. Current versions are also running with no issues.

We have a central database server onsite that all studios link to and our portable laptops download a daily copy of the central database to use offsite as needed. The performance in house is perfectly fine in our use case on the latest version with no noticable difference between previous versions. We're using MySQL.

Back