Playlist Generator Pro problem (all versions since i registered)

Hi group members,

Here is the problem i face :

i've got +/- 1700 Flac tracks in my library... all actives

i generate a playlist of +/- 15 full days...
The first time i generate my playlist, using Playlist Generator Pro (PGP) everything works fine (on the illustration joined to this publication, parameters are set to 7575 and 7250) and the playslist is done...i then export it to the player (replace option)
BUT, the SECOND time i generate the Playlist with the same parameters, maybe 30% of my library is rejected, in fact i have so much rejects that PGP give up during the process...

as a workaround i then have to :

Changing rotations parameters, to maybe 5575 and 5250 (but my tracks plays more often - and i dont want that !)
Or, removing my entire library this parameter : select all tracks -> Tag editor ->and tick the "Clear playcount and last played" and then click ok (it resets both last played info and playcount - which is generally 2 in my situation for 15 days as my library is huge)

BUT WHY DO I FACE THIS PROBLEM ? What am i doin' wrong ? why the first time all is ok and the next times is won't work again ?

Is there a Bug here ?

Thanks for your answer,

Kindest Regards

Sorry i forgot the snapshot... here is it...

Attachments

• playlist generator.png
    playlist generator.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 110
It's unlikely there's a bug. Your repeat protection rules seem to be too strict, and statistically it could be that it's not possible to build a playlist.

You can try configuring it to not use the Last Played tag and also ignore tracks in the playlists. But this will lower the quality of repeat protection. Better solution would be to ease repeat protection rules. Is there a practical reason to not repeat track for 5 days?

It's unlikely there's a bug. Your repeat protection rules seem to be too strict, and statistically it could be that it's not possible to build a playlist.

You can try configuring it to not use the Last Played tag and also ignore tracks in the playlists. But this will lower the quality of repeat protection. Better solution would be to ease repeat protection rules. Is there a practical reason to not repeat track for 5 days?
the reason why i don't want to repeat tracks for 5 days is just because my library is 1700+ Tracks !
And if so, why does it works on first instance ? (but not the others ?)
if it works in first instance (i mean first generation of a 15 day playlist) it's a prove that my rules are NOT TOO strict !

For me there, may be a bug there... if it works in first generation that may mean that rules are not respected, and they are respected in the second generation...
OR, they are respected in the first generation... BUT NOT in the second generation ! (it's one case or another but not BOTH !)

could you investigate that on ur side if you've got time (it's not that urgent as i have the workaround to Clear playcount and last played in the Library)

anyway as a workaround i will try to uncheck the "last played tag" to see how it goes, and will get back to you... to tell you more...

KIndest Regards Dmitry

the reason why i don't want to repeat tracks for 5 days is just because my library is 1700+ Tracks !
if it works in first instance (i mean first generation of a 15 day playlist) it's a prove that my rules are NOT TOO strict !

For me there, may be a bug there... if it works in first generation that may mean that rules are not respected, and they are respected in the second generation...
OR, they are respected in the first generation... BUT NOT in the second generation ! (it's one case or another but not BOTH !)

could you investigate that on ur side if you've got time (it's not that urgent as i have the workaround to Clear playcount and last played in the Library)

anyway as a workaround i will try to uncheck the "last played tag" to see how it goes, and will get back to you... to tell you more...

KIndest Regards Dmitry

Nope i have just tried unticking "Clear Playcount and last played" option in PGP, and nothing changes... Too many rejects ! and the playlist generator Pro give up ! and stop !
Oh and by the way ! it works perfectly for my jingles !!! i never have rejects !!! (and my rules haven't changed for this category !)
i now can CONFIRM that generating a playlist with my parameters only works the FIRST TIME !!! and not a second, or third or fourth time...

Bug ?

Kindest Regards,
Fred

If each track is, on average, 5 minutes then total duration of 1700 tracks is slightly more than 5 days. If you have other repeat protection rules in place, there's a good chance it will not be able to find a track that satisfies all the rules.

Probably, when you create first playlist no track is played yet and nothing is in the queue in the playlist window, so it's possible. When some tracks are played, it may no longer be possible to find a suitable track (because it checks the "last played" tag).

Again, you have set "do not repeat track" duration to be almost equal to the total duration of the music library. This will not work. Theoretically, once it created its first playlist, and it was played, the next possible playlist will only be exactly the same playlist as the first one (otherwise, if you swap two tracks, it will not pass the "repeat track" rule).

Do you have this generating anything there is more that 27k of songs in library on mine, but it does not pull anything in :)

Back