Playlist Generator

radyofog

Hi again. I wish to arrange specific music typed hours by using Playlist Generator but I couldnt undertsand how to do it. Can u help me please. I got the new version of radio boss that now I can add coments correctly. But I couldnt manage a playlist.
Also when I push the generator button it says range check error
If you can tell me step by step what to do I will be glad.

To filter tracks, the playlist generator searches the "comment" field for the words specified in the "Filter by comment field" (see picture below).

For example, you have a set of tracks (to make it simple, we take a music library of 10 tracks):
Track1, Track2, ..., Track10.
You need Track1, Track2, Track3 and Track4  to be played at morning,
Track3, Track4, Track5 and Track6 to be played during the day and
Track6, Track7...Track10 to be played at the evening.

You set the "comment" field of:
Track1 and Track2 to "morning".
Track3 and Track4 to "morning day" (i.e. we have two words "morning" and "day" in the comment field).
Track5 will have comment "day"
Track6 - "day evening"
and Tracks7, Track8, Track9, Track10 - "evening".

So, to filter tracks for morning, you should use these settings:

Attachments

• 11.11.png
    11.11.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 522
Ah ok. The problem was I had to restart the pc after reinstall the sofware. Its working now but now I found a new problem that when you create a playlist by playlist generator the player doesnt play the jingles.
What can be the reason for this. And the the point that I couldnt understand is how I will aplly the playlist that created by playlist manager to the on air pc.

It's simple. You set up the settings and save the preset in the Playlist Generator (say, you name it "test1").
In player, you add new scheduler task and make it execute a command "generate test1" - it'll generate a new playlist and load it to player.

Details are in the attached pictures.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 552
  • 2.png
    2.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 525
Ok. But when I set playlist by playlist manager it doesnt play jingles...Is it a problem by software or its a problem by me?

radyofog said:
Ah ok. The problem was I had to restart the pc after reinstall the sofware. Its working now but now I found a new problem that when you create a playlist by playlist generator the player doesnt play the jingles.
About jingles, does player report any error (in the left bottom box) about why the jingle can't be played?

If you created a jingle playlist correctly (the jingle playlist is specified in the "Step 4") the player will play it without any problem...

It says 'unable to play Error Code-2 can not open the file...
I added a jingle playlist at step for but it doesnt play them

I just tried to create playlist with jingles and it generated and played successfully.

Most likely, your playlist is incorrect.
What happens if you open the jingle playlist directly in the player and try to play it?
It's also a good idea to create a new jingle playlist in the RadioBOSS.

I set the same jingle files to number 1-9 the quick jingle list and they play at there. As you told I played the jinges playlist on player and its not played by player.
When I through the jingles from file to player its play but when I save as a playlist it doesnt work
Actually when I use the delete nonexistence files it deletes the jingle files that that means its doesnt see the jingle files. Also Im noticed that u are using the older verison of RadioBoss software.  Mine is 4.0.2.426

That's very strange. Could you please send us jingles and playlist you created to address support@djsoft.net so we could see what the problem is.

Yes, got the files. We need some time to look into it.
About version - it doesn't really matter in our case.

Goodmorning guys. I still have problems with playlist generator. Last night I was working on my notebook and it was like working except not playing the jingles. My notebooks' operator system is Vista. On the other hand at my office I use windows xp home edition and playlist generator doesnt work there. I do everything same but when push the generate button it gives range check error.
Please help me :)

Hello!

The  "range check error" appears when there are no tracks in the database with a comment you specified in the "Filter by comment". That means the playlist will not contain any music...

An error confirmed, Playlist Generator creates an incorrect file path when using your playlist. That's why jingle cannot be played in the player. The fix will be ready in 30 minutes.
Thanks again for report.
If you're not a registered customer yet, and want to purchase our software I can offer you 40% discount.

UPD. The updated version is ready. You can try it out.

Back