playlist pro generator event

Styler Ro

hi,
i use demo version.

i try to make an "hits" event:

my playlist have 1000 songs.
i have a folder with 300 hits songs named HITS.
i create an event "generate [pro] hits" with playlist generator from folder hits, with settings: Do not repeat artist for 40 min, do no repeat track for 300 min.
Now at event, in hours i set:
hours 14 to 22 checked.
Minute 30
Second 0.

whats wrong? well the event start at every 30' min and is over when a new hour coming (after 30 min) becosuse i set the time anouncement event to Remove previous schedule from the play list
is working like that:
14:30 [generated random hits]
15:00 event stoped, main playlist continue
15:30 [generated random hits]
end looping.
All are great, but i have a problem: the randoms title, from HITS, sometime are repeating :(
i mean,hit title from 14:30 are the same with the 15:30, do no repeat track for 300 min.  is not true, how can i fix/solve this issue?

Currently Playlist Generator does not take into account tracks which were played in RadioBOSS - this is planned for the future.

For your situation the solution would be like this: create one event which will create 9 playlists at once - for every hour from 14 to 22. The command will look like this (change "MyPreset" to your preset name)
run PlaylistGeneratorPro.exe "-preset=MyPreset" "-out=C:\playlists\hits%nn.m3u8" -n=9 -s=14

Another event is to launch those playlist - just modify your current event which generates hits playlist with this one:
C:\playlists\hits?hh.m3u8

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

djsoft said:
Currently Playlist Generator does not take into account tracks which were played in RadioBOSS - this is planned for the future.
Dmitriy, what is theat mean?

pety said:
djsoft said:
The "Do not repeat..." features currently operate only inside the Playlist Generator when it generates the playlist. Future versions will also (optionally) take into account tracks which were recently played and also tracks which are currently in the playlist.

djsoft said:
pety said:
djsoft said:
The "Do not repeat..." features currently operate only inside the Playlist Generator when it generates the playlist. Future versions will also (optionally) take into account tracks which were recently played and also tracks which are currently in the playlist.
THis feature is a must have. From the beginning (mine) I hoped that this feature exist. How long will wait for this excellent option? I realised that RB repeats tracks often...

pety said:
djsoft said:
pety said:
djsoft said:
THis feature is a must have. From the beginning (mine) I hoped that this feature exist. How long will wait for this excellent option? I realised that RB repeats tracks often...
Should be in the next major update.

really great!

on topic:
generated playlists from folder C:\playlists are auto generated 1 time / day ? or i must run manual, once per day, the playlist generator pro, to refresh the playlists ?

Styler Ro said:
generated playlists from folder C:\playlists are auto generated 1 time / day ? or i must run manual, once per day, the playlist generator pro, to refresh the playlists ?
If you want to generate playlist automatically you need to set up automatic playlist generation: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/automatic_playlist_generation.htm

run PlaylistGeneratorPro.exe "-preset=MyPreset" "-out=C:\playlists\hits%nn.m3u8" -n=9 -s=14
this command work ok, playlists are generated in C:\playlists

but the event with this command not work, when i hit "run now" nothing happening, just Schedule: hits%hh but is skiped.
C:\playlists\hits%hh.m3u8
i tryed with run in front, but still not work, i miss somthing?
thank for help

I found the problem: instead of
Code:
C:\playlists\hits%hh.m3u8
must be 
Code:
C:\playlists\hits?hh.m3u8

My folder hits have 300 songs, when playlists are generated with event 
Code:
run PlaylistGeneratorPro.exe "-preset=MyHits" "-out=C:\playlists\hits%nn.m3u8" -n=9 -s=14
in my opinion, would normally be 300 songs / 9 playlsts = 33 songs per each playlists.
i checked each playlist and i see some problems:
1. the rules for my preset are not respected: Do not repeat artist for 40 min, i find same artist 2 times in a row.
2. each playlist have 300 songs (all songs from hits folder). now we have big chances fot the generated playlists to contain same songs in the start. i mean: playlist_14 and playlist_15 both have same song in the top 5 at the beginning of the playlist.

You need to modify the preset - set its duration to 30 minutes. This way you'll get 9 playlists each of 30 minutes. This should also solve the repeat problem.

hi djsoft,
is this fixed in version 5.2.3.0 ?

Back