PlGen Error: 259

Christian

Hi Dmitry,

I was away this weekend and RB PlGen pro fails to generate the usual playlist.
This preset is the regular one and I did not have any problem in the past.
No playlist have loaded ending up with the same jingle playing again and again all day long!
Is there a way to prevent this!

The error message:
PlGen Error: 259 ("C:\Program Files\RadioBOSS\PlaylistGeneratorPro.exe" "-hidden=clubbingstation block 24h") preset: "clubbingstation block 24h"

Christian

Please test if the same event works if you use the Run Now button.

Error #259 means that playlist generation timed out. To increase the timeout, click Settings->Options, and on the General tab increase the "Maximum time to generate..." option value (it's located at the bottom).

Hello,

The setting is already set at 600 (10 minutes). It normally takes about 4 minutes as I am many using folders and it takes long to check all tracks before playlist generation starts.
I guess it locks itself with a rule that could not be satisfied.
I really need a mecanism to prevent such faillure. Either restart the all process or triger an event to load playlist backup for instance. Or simply set an error on the rule that cannot be satisfied but continue the process.

Regards
Christian

It doesn't lock itself when a rule can't be satisfied, but it performs more iterations when it tries to find appriproate track - that's why it time-out...

You can use the following workaround: instead of using the generate MyPreset command, use the run PlaylistGeneratorPro.exe -preset=MyPreset -out=C:\playlist.m3u8 command, and then start the generated playlist in another event (it simply launches the C:\playlist.m3u8 playlist. The run command does not have a timeout so the generation will not be interrupted after 10 minutes.

Another way is to soften the no-repeat rules to ease the playlist creation process.

Back