Plugins

jasew03

Hi there

is there any way to get the music to sound the same level? like other programs on the market at the moment the program has plugins to make sure the music levels are all the same and not have one quiet song and one loud song

please help me

thank you in advance

There is several ways to do this, but this is how I have my RadioBOSS set up.  First if you are using mp3s you need to try some free software called MP3Gain and set your Track gain the same on all your songs.  Next in RadioBOSS you need to look under Options -->Settings --Playback -->  Miscellaneous and set under ReplayGain to use Track replay gain.  I have my level set to +6 db, but that is your choice.  Then under the FX tab on the left side of the screen you will need to set AutoAmp to on.  That is also where you can add plugins if need be.  I personally use Sound Solution 1.31 found on the internet, but there are lots of good ones.  If you add dsp plugins you will also need to find and install some presets.  That will make it a little more easy to set it up how you like it.  Some others on the forum are much better at this than I am, but that gives you a basic idea.  Wave files don't work with MP3Gain.  Maybe some other members can give you a better idea of how plugins work.

David

jasew03 said:
thank you vwery much David, anyone else pls still reply your thoughts ty so much

Furthermore, sleepy time dsp has a plugin to even out stereo channels called Dual Panner.

The best way is to normalize all of your music files and/or pre-scan then with some sort of ReplayGain scanner (if you're using ReplayGain, you'll need to activate this feature in RadioBOSS's settings - see David's answer).

If all your files are pre-scanned and/or normalized, you don't need to do anything else. Otherwise, you'll need to set up some processing. Easiest one - just activate AutoAmp, it's integrated into RadioBOSS (located at the FX tab). Other options include using external plugins like StereoTool, SoundSolution and lots of others.

Note that for quality pre-scanning/ReplayGain is the best option. Any real-time volume changes can lower music dynamics, like if some part of the song supposed to be louder, it won't be as plugin evens all volume levels.

djsoft said:
The best way is to normalize all of your music files and/or pre-scan then with some sort of ReplayGain scanner (if you're using ReplayGain, you'll need to activate this feature in RadioBOSS's settings - see David's answer).

If all your files are pre-scanned and/or normalized, you don't need to do anything else. Otherwise, you'll need to set up some processing. Easiest one - just activate AutoAmp, it's integrated into RadioBOSS (located at the FX tab). Other options include using external plugins like StereoTool, SoundSolution and lots of others.

Note that for quality pre-scanning/ReplayGain is the best option. Any real-time volume changes can lower music dynamics, like if some part of the song supposed to be louder, it won't be as plugin evens all volume levels.
Yea but your still gona have uneven stereo channels the left sound will be different from the right not good on a radio station duel panner fixes this just to let you know.

WBGS-Founder said:
Yea but your still gona have uneven stereo channels the left sound will be different from the right not good on a radio station duel panner fixes this just to let you know.
That's, actually, the purpose of stereo. If you need the same sound in both channels, then mono is what you need.

djsoft said:
WBGS-Founder said:
That's, actually, the purpose of stereo. If you need the same sound in both channels, then mono is what you need.

Your missing the point the point of stereo is to have 2 even stereo channels not the left louder than the right that would sound like crap do a test your self well mono comes out of one channel the point of stereo is to come out the channels even not uneven if you want to make stereo uneven use mono that's for single channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Y6T0H0r8c

WBGS-Founder said:
Your missing the point the point of stereo is to have 2 even stereo channels not the left louder than the right
It depends on your source of music... Usually the channel levels are OK and do not require any additional processing.

djsoft said:
WBGS-Founder said:
Your missing the point the point of stereo is to have 2 even stereo channels not the left louder than the right
It depends on your source of music... Usually the channel levels are OK and do not require any additional processing.

Well if your gonna make your stereo uneven then go mono that's what its for really.

WBGS-Founder said:
Well if your gonna make your stereo uneven then go mono that's what its for really.
I'm not sure why channels can be uneven in the first place... If you buy music e.g. in iTunes or any other place, there are no problems with channel levels.

djsoft said:
WBGS-Founder said:
I'm not sure why channels can be uneven in the first place... If you buy music e.g. in iTunes or any other place, there are no problems with channel levels.

Ok if you have uneven channels you will get one stereo and sounds baffled in one side and the other like mono sound evening both means they are not 1 of these things below.

#1.Baffled Stereo
#2.Sound in one side
#3.Crap Quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNq0aDN3Wko

I think it's a question where you get the music. If they provide music with such problems I think you should get the music in some other place... Dealing with stereo problems looks like time consuming task which you can easily avoid.

djsoft said:
I think it's a question where you get the music. If they provide music with such problems I think you should get the music in some other place... Dealing with stereo problems looks like time consuming task which you can easily avoid.

Not really you solve it with proper plugins like Dual Panner and Sheppi easy if you have messed up uneven channels your radio will sound like dung  can prove it my showing you.

I think this thread has taken a wrong turn. If you want to bring your music to a normal level then perhaps its time to try JB Broadcast DLL, its free and will make a world of difference in your sound.....give it a try.

thecamaroshow said:
I think this thread has taken a wrong turn. If you want to bring your music to a normal level then perhaps its time to try JB Broadcast DLL, its free and will make a world of difference in your sound.....give it a try.

That's  just like an EQ and won't do anything Dual Panner will do but looks nice I never used for the simple fact I have better plugins, I am not saying that the plugins in garbage just I find no time for it with ignite amps and all my good stuff I use to make my radio stereo, I find no use, but I'll try it and muck, around though I Sheppie and HSbasm stereoizer with variety of sound plugins and ignite amps.

Back