problem with broadcast encoder

A

Anonymous

Hello ,

i have a problem with the broadcast encoder include in radioboss. when i listen my stream ,the player (winamp or foobar) i have buffer problems in my song .This problem start at 2minutes(about) of songs. :cry: . My listener have the same problem. I have try with oddcast plugins and i haven't problem , but i haven't title in my stream.

Thank you

We tested this and found no problem. Please describe problem in details, send screenshot of how you set up Broadcating in Radioboss, which server do you use, etc to support@djsoft.net

Thank you.

hello , i use shoutcast server on this site www.relay-network.com with radioboss broadcast enable on mp3 mode at 192kbps .When i play the sound of my stream (my listener too) , it happen than the sound start and stop , start and stop for than the buffer of the player (winamp or foobar) is at 100% .when i haven't this problem i have "craks and pops" on my sound. :cry: . I have try with winamp plugin too and i haven't the problem.

I run under windows xp sp2 with celeron processor 2.53 ghz and 512mo of ram and RadioBOSS (v.2.9.0.308)

Sebastien

hello ,

for more informations , i have put the main output on "device: No sound" and "Speakers: default" .

Sebastien

[quote author="sebastien wittebolle"] i have put the main output on "device: No sound" and "Speakers: default"[/quote]
This should work fine. We're now trying to reproduce the problem. As soon as it will be solved, we'll let you know.

Yes , thank you , yesterday i have try and i haven't problem durind 1 hour , but after the problem restart ,the stream sart and stop ,start and stop ...

It's very strange , because i have no problem with other streaming software (oddcast standalone, dsp winamp , simplecast ...)

:wink:

sebastien

Maybe, it'll be better to use OddCast standalone instead of internal RadioBOSS's broadcasting?
If you need OddCast to display playint track title in the Metadata, you should set "External metadata" option to "File" and select a file "<radioboss dir>\nowplaying.txt" (or whatever name you set in the RadioBOSS's Settings window).

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

If i don't use interne broadcasting enable on radioboss , i should buy a licence for virtual audio cable , but it's more expensive for me ,it's for this reason than i prefer the interne broascasting on radioboss.

OddCast can work without virtual audio cable.
You should set up OddCast to use sound card's "Stereo Mix" or "What you hear" input in the Live Recording settings. It'll send to server everything which goes to sound card's output.
We'll try to fix broadcasting in the radioboss, but I'm unsure there is a problem - maybe it's some incompatibility with realy-network.com.

hello ,

Thank you for try to fix broadcasting in radioboos in future.

Sebastien

hello , i have noticed something , when i use broadcast enable , and than i put on main output device my soundcard , i haven't trouble, and when i put "no sound " i have problem , it's very strange .

Sebastien

May be the "priority " of the encoder for broadcast is not good?

When you set "no sound" device, RadioBOSS uses different algorythm to encode sound, so maybe there is a bug, we'll continue to find what's wrong.

Back