Problem with "Play Internet Stream"

Davide72

Good evening, to retransmit a program from another broadcaster, I connect via the special RadioBoss function, as shown in the image, the problem is that sometimes I had some holes that depended on the internet connection and the streaming disconnected, thus moving on to the next object of the playlist. Is there a way to keep the connection up in case of a few second gaps?

Attachments

• Cattura11.JPG
    Cattura11.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 105
If you set a duration for the stream, it will reconnect in case of any failures. By default it will make two attempts and if those fail, it gives up and moves to the next item in the playlist.

You can adjust reconnection parameters in Settings, General, Advanced Configuration (button).

@djsoft Is it possible that if the connection is broken, an emergency track will be turned on, and when the connection is restored, the stream will be restarted? I mean the lack of silence. This is probably the last thing that I can't set and decide to buy ;)

There used to be software to 'keep up' the internet connection. However, I have never experienced any need for this with RadioBoss. The stream is usually lost elsewhere on the internet. Make sure you have fast upload on your internet. 5Mbps is not enough. Also if you are sending other data like reports or using relay on internet this will affect your upload.

@djsoft That's what I'm looking for. Thanks. Nevertheless, during the tests, when I turn off the stream that I have connected as a relay, something like a loop turns on. A track from the playlist is let in for a few seconds and then comes back out of the relay for a few seconds. Even though relay stream is disabled. Over and over again. Anyone have any idea?

@djsoft I have one more question. If the event is played as an overlay, exactly jingle-flash news-jingle, is it possible to make the metadata information about this and not about the song that plays underneath? I have created a jingle-flash news-jingle playlist that plays as an event at the exact time. It is set as an overlay. Unfortunately, the metadata is still displayed from the song playing underneath. When I set a single file as overlay, there is no problem. I want a set of several files to enter, not just one, and metadata from overlay to be displayed.

Last edited:
@djsoft Problem solved. Thanks for your support. Is anything planned around remote voicetracking?
Remote voice tracking is planned for the future versions, most likely, the next major update.

If the event is played as an overlay, exactly jingle-flash news-jingle, is it possible to make the metadata information about this and not about the song that plays underneath?
Yes, you need to enable an option to send overlay event title instead:

@djsoft Everything looks great now. One more thing. Is there any way to add relay to playlists? I mean a set for example jingle-relay 60min-jingle. All this is covered by events 3x per hour at set times. These event are Flash newses. These events are jingle-flash news-jingle playlists. In addition, I am interested in why, despite the fact that I have the settings as in the screenshot, the song under the overlay is still played?
Zrzut ekranu 2023-05-08 174908.png

Last edited:
One more thing. Is there any way to add relay to playlists? I mean a set for example jingle-relay 60min-jingle. All this is covered by events 3x per hour at set times.
This can be achieved by an overlay event with "Priority over the relay" option. Set this event to repeat every 60 minutes.

Back