Questions about the API

Hello, is it possible to add hookin/ hookout at read- & writetag too?
Also, I would suggest that values are not deleted if you don't return them in writetag, but are simply ignored.

is it possible to add hookin/ hookout at read- & writetag too?
We'll include those fields in one of the next updates.

I would suggest that values are not deleted if you don't return them in writetag, but are simply ignored.
It needs to have the complete tag object to write a tag. I.e. you first perform the readtag command, then modify one or more fields, and send the modified XML using the writetag command.

It needs to have the complete tag object to write a tag. I.e. you first perform the readtag command, then modify one or more fields, and send the modified XML using the writetag command.
Can you tell me when will be the next update?

We use getplaylist2 to query the next elements and would like to sort out the ones that are not music.
I have two ideas how RadioBOSS could help us extremely:
• Either getplaylist2 also outputs the categories of an item, then we can just filter everything without category.
• Or we can use a query parameter to tell RadioBOSS to skip elements without category.

In addition, it would be really great if you could give the current position in the playlist with the URL reports and if the query parameters from getplaylist, also work for getplaylist2.

I would be very happy if it's possible to integrate these functions in one of the next versions!

Last edited:
Either getplaylist2 also outputs the categories of an item, then we can just filter everything without category.
It has the "FT_IDX" field that indicates file type. If its value is 2 or more - it's one of the file types. 2 = first file type, 3 = second file type and so on.

In addition, it would be really great if you could give the current position in the playlist with the URL reports and if the query parameters from getplaylist, also work for getplaylist2.
This information can be retrieved using the playbackinfo method.

It has the "FT_IDX" field that indicates file type. If its value is 2 or more - it's one of the file types. 2 = first file type, 3 = second file type and so on.
Perfect, thank you very much!

This information can be retrieved using the playbackinfo method.
That's what we currently do, would just be nicer if it would be possible without that.

This is of course understandable, I just found the idea quite good because you can already get all other important values via the title format variables.

Exactly, I'm just missing a variable like %position, that's what I meant all along. I accidentally wrote "URL reports" and when I noticed that it was actually the title format variables, the 20 minutes had already expired.

Last edited:
In addition, it would be really great if you could give the current position in the playlist with the URL reports
I'm talking about the position of an item in the playlist, not the position within an item.
So you can directly query with getplaylist2 which elements were played next and last without asking playbackinfo each time.

1644768646925.png

Last edited:
I'm talking about the position of an item in the playlist, not the position within an item.
So you can directly query with getplaylist2 which elements were played next and last without asking playbackinfo each time.
playbackinfo command has playlistpos field - it shows the number of the current track in the playlist (0=first track). You can then find this position in the list returned by getplaylist2. There's nothing wrong in calling two API commands, especially that getplaylist2 is more "heavy" and should be called less often than playbackinfo.

I have seen that in the last update the hook was added to the API,
but unfortunately you get the following response for every track, no matter if the hook is set or not:
XML:
HookIn="-1" HookOut="-1"

Dmitry,
some command to add, remove and update songs in a library would be useful. Is it possible to add it?

thank you

some command to add, remove and update songs in a library would be useful. Is it possible to add it?
You can call makelibrary scheduler command to make it update the library based on the folder(s) you specify.

I meant an api command. it is also much faster to add a track by command than to rebuild the library. and I can have it synchronized from an external program
I gave up makelibrary years ago because I always had problems with big libraries

Back