Queue Overlay ?

perezjos

Hi guys,
Hope everyone is safe!
I have some sets of Voiceover in two different events to playback using Overlay. As they play in different time intervals, it works fine but sometime the two play at the same time. Is it possible to have an option to force the overlay to queue and to behave like the other a playlist ?

Viva la Radio !
Many thanks
Jose

Overlay events always start immediately except for cases when you set the "Maximum time to wait" option, in this case it will wait for the track in the main playlist to end. Events will not wait for each other. To avoid overlapping, you should adjust events' start times so they never start together.

I solved my problem. It results that if you have events waiting in the queue to play with overlay, regardless of their individual setting for the waiting time, when one starts, all the other in the queue will start resulting in playing together in the overlay player. I thought I could give one event more marge to play and other to start on time or less and have the long event wait in the queue. Unfortunately if one starts playing immediately or before the long one waiting, the time is release to the long waiting one too.
Hope this make sense,
take care everyone
Viva la Radio !
Many thanks
Jose

when one starts, all the other in the queue will start resulting in playing together in the overlay player
Yes, because all those events are waiting for the playlist independently. They don't wait for each other. If you need to queue events one after another, you should not use Overlay but insert events to the playlist directly.

Back