RadioBOSS 5.8 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can altering the info of a, Audio file be saved if not will this be added? Such as finding info from a data base for the music?

Over-Da-Edge-Radio said:
Can altering the info of a, Audio file be saved if not will this be added? Such as finding info from a data base for the music?
RadioBOSS only reads the tag, currently it does not read external sources to get metadata (anyway, it is very slow and is not really suitable for broadcasting).

Over-Da-Edge-Radio said:
So no way to edit the mp3 tags at all.
There are lots of ways. You can edit tags directly in RadioBOSS, using the track information panel under the playlist. You can also use the Track Tool or edit tags in Music Library.

Dimitry, since RB 5.9 will take quite some time is there any chance that the filters will be applied in "AutoIntro" in the coming months?
It is a feature that if I remember correctly, RB 5.8 was programmed and quite expected by us.
We need to be able to step on the songs according to the decade to which they belong or based on a customizable field

I can't promise anything at the moment, those features are planned, and a new update (5.8.4) will be released next week, but it's mostly about fixing bugs and various minor issues.

djsoft said:
Quote from: nelson c on March 05, 2019, 07:16:29 PM
I know about tracktool, but this tag is not available from the readtag and writetag commands. Will it be possible to add it?
Yes, this will be added in 5.8.4.
Ok, is there a chance with this?

Please try updating to the newer RadioBOSS 5.8.5.2, there was a bug fixed with scheduling.

You can set the "Insert as regular playlist tracks" option for the playlist generator event, this will prevent this playlist from being deleted.

Depending on what version you have used before, starting from RadioBOSS 5.8 all scheduled events are deleted individually: after all tracks the event are played, those tracks are removed from the playlist. Older versions only deleted scheduled tracks when all tracks from all events in the playlist were played.

DJSTU said:
Its now becoming clearer to me as to how the scheduling system is operating, and having had a re-read in the User Manual, I do see you specify to make that insertion (Insert as Regular Playlist Tracks) for large Playlists.
Not especially large, it's intended for music playlists mostly.

DJSTU said:
(1) Is the Daily Log saved somewhere ? As an option in settings to save it ? As a text file perhaps ?
Its my main resource for solving problems when things go wrong, and frustrating to have to scroll thru that tiny box all the time.
It's saved in the reports folder - click Settings->Open Reports folder to open it.

DJSTU said:
And also when we had two planned power cuts for maintenance a few days ago, nothing seems to be retained from earlier in that day, with the Daily Log starting from scratch again.
The log window only shows up to 2 past days, and the number of items is also limited to prevent scrolling problems.

DJSTU said:
I also want to work out why I need to create a 15 hour playlist to fit 12 hours too, particularly when so many scheduled events are taking place (fitting within the 12 hour playlist),
Please make sure that you account crossfades when you creating a playlist (it's in the playlist generator settings tab). Other than that, you typically only need to have playlist 30-60 minutes larger, just in case. 3 hours is too much.
Also make sure that "Read additional information" is also enabled in the playlist generator.

DJSTU said:
3) Are there any plans for Playlist Gen to create just one Playlist automatically broken down into 24 one hour segments, much more suited to recording voice-tracking, and which starts off each hour on the dot leaving behind unused surplus tracks from the previous hour ?
You can either create one 25h playlist, or 24 1-hour playlists, both is possible currently. When you create 24 playlists in one go, they all share the same no-repeat buffer, so it's better (and faster) to create all playlists in one go, than creating a new playlist every hour.

DJSTU said:
This is because there is nothing saved in the REPORT folder for the generator to act on.
You have reports folder set in Program Files folder, but writing there is not permitted by default in Windows. Please use a different folder, or use a default report folder location: \Reports\ (this will make it save reports in the RadioBOSS settings folder).

DJSTU said:
A livestream event, recycling every 10 mins due to the fact that if I just loaded it as a normal one line option, it would often suddenly drop out and never return, never attempting to rejoin again, during the night.
If you specify duration for the stream, it will reconnect automatically in case the connection is closed: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/stream_and_podcast_playback.htm

DJSTU said:
it would never say in the log that it had dropped out, or recording any sort of problem with livestream. It was like it just moved on, straight on to the Playlist of music.
If stream duration is not set, any disconnect is treated as "track end" and it moves on to the next track in the playlist.

DJSTU said:
NOW the question is this, is it necessary to click FRI and SAT for a nonstop overnight event ?
Those options only control when the event starts. It does not affect how does it play, when it will end etc.

How it should work? I'm sure there's an easy solution.

DJSTU said:
That's the theory... but in practice it will have a few goes at reconnecting, maybe half a dozen goes, and, then just drops out altogether. Its kinda like it just gives up.
Yes, it does give up after certain connect attempts failed, this is to avoid silence. You can adjust the attempts count and delay between them in Settings->General->Advanced configuration, "Stream playback" options. Just set the connection retries amount to something like 1000000 and this will suffice. You can also adjust the delay between retries.

DJSTU said:
There isn't much point in listening to a show to have it disappear altogether, so I had to do something to overcome this. A dis-connect shouldn't be ending everything, unless it is a true disconnection beyond my control.
If the default number of connection retries failed, this means the connection is poor (or non existent) or the stream is down.

DJSTU said:
The 10 min system is working really really well, excepting the neurotic events. Since I started it, its been vastly more reliable.
It will cause silence every 10 minutes. I'd start with fixing connection problems, why it fails too often, that RadioBOSS gives up on connection retries.

DJSTU said:
That's why in the past I have pushed for a START TIME and an END TIME to be entered in Events.
End time will work for long playlists to play only a certain amount from the playlist. It will not fix connection problems. What if event duration is set to 10 hours and stream failed for good after 30 minutes? Will it stay trying to connect for 9.5 hours, feeding silence to the air?

DJSTU said:
Thank you. I was not aware of this setting. I am always finding out something new with many items hidden from plain sight in Radioboss, which can be frustrating to be honest. Things often seem to be in illogical places or require a right mouse click to find out they exist.
Some options are rarely needed and therefore hidden from plain sight to keep the UI clean. The "Advanced options" thing collects all the options most customers never need, but that are still of use in some cases. If you think that some options are in illogical places, please let us know.

DJSTU said:
Your only choice is to have the News kick in with an immediate start to over-ride the current event.
This means the News event always needs to be loaded with an immediate start.
Yes, and it is a recommended way to start news and other items that need to run on time. What changes to the listener if you have event end before the news? The result is the same, but news with out "Start immediately" is that reliable, as there can be some other tracks in the playlist that may play before the news.

DJSTU said:
This will become more important when you change the software to set up hours,  working by days of the week and varying times for each event for each day.
I don't think it's possible to make such changes in RadioBOSS as one of the main goals for us is to maintain close to 100% compatibility, even with older versions like released 10 years ago. Changing the way scheduler works will break things for many users. While I don't see what benefit it gives?

DJSTU said:
You will see that it jumped out twice from the Livestream, but without explanation of why it did so.
It may not have an explanation. If stream was disconnected, it will simply retry connection. It doesn't know why it disconnected.

hello! sometimes, using the latest version, when we press the applications key nothing appears. we have to restart radio boss to use the applications key again. what i can do? it's my mistake or it's a bug?

and the advansed settings is not accessible. just can see a edit box saying true or false, can't see the configs list or something to move to the next configuration.

Nuno Costa said:
hello! sometimes, using the latest version, when we press the applications key nothing appears. we have to restart radio boss to use the applications key again. what i can do? it's my mistake or it's a bug?
Can you please specify what is "applications key"?

Nuno Costa said:
and the advansed settings is not accessible. just can see a edit box saying true or false, can't see the configs list or something to move to the next configuration.
It should show a list op options in a two-column table. Can you please send a screenshot that illustrates the problem?

i'm blind. and the problem is that i can't see the configs list or change it, just with te mouse. if i press tab, shows me a edit box showing true or false, but if i press tab again, shows the ok button. the applications key is the same combination of shift+f10, or the right mouse button. but if i press the right mouse button it shows me the context menu. but sometimes, the shift+f10 and applications key fails, and i have to restart RB to open the context menu again. the context menu that says for example, add to quewe, ETC.

Nuno Costa said:
i'm blind. and the problem is that i can't see the configs list or change it, just with te mouse. if i press tab, shows me a edit box showing true or false, but if i press tab again, shows the ok button. the applications key is the same combination of shift+f10, or the right mouse button. but if i press the right mouse button it shows me the context menu. but sometimes, the shift+f10 and applications key fails, and i have to restart RB to open the context menu again. the context menu that says for example, add to quewe, ETC.
Yes, the app key sometimes indeed stops working, I was able to confirm it on one of the test machines. We'll see what can be done about it. Sorry for the inconvenience. We'll also try to make the advanced options dialog accessible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back