RadioBOSS 6.0 problems

gg2064

After many of hours of testing (on a 2.9ghz with 8gb of ram test computer) through the various betas and the official release of version 6 everything was running as we needed it. We then purchased the upgrade and installed it on our live dedicated Windows 10 RadioBoss computer (2.0ghz with 6gb of ram). The only things that run on the live machine are RadioBoss, Thimeo Stereo Tool and Windows Security. The live machine has been dedicated and running great since we started with version 5.5.5.0. Upon installing version 6.0.1.8 many unexplainable things started happening that were not happening on the test machine.

Examples:
Several seconds of silence between some tracks especially when the next track was a TrackList entry .
When some Events triggered the next track started playing over the event's track.
TTS events not playing properly.
Audio stuttering
etc.

All of these things worked properly on the live machine with 5.9.4.0 and yes, all options were set properly in the version 6 implementation.

After many, many hours of trying to figure out what was going on and out of pure frustration but based on some of the postings regarding preloading, we changed the option "Additional track information storage location" from File tag (APEv2) to Database (SQLite). Immediately, everything started working properly. It seems that the APEv2 option is more processing intensive in release 6 and that our 2.0ghz live computer can not handle the load and so we had these weird situations.

We have been running several days now without these problems and are just sharing our experience since others have reported some similar conditions.

It seems that the APEv2 option is more processing intensive in release 6 and that our 2.0ghz live computer can not handle the load and so we had these weird situations.
Yes, the APEv2 option requires more processing as it involves reading and writing tags to the music files. But it was the same in the previous v5 releases, not counting minor changes. Still, it's not that much more intensive to cause silence or any other problems you've listed (at least it shouldn't). Do you have all music tracks stored locally or it reads it from a network source (shared folder, NAS, etc)?

SQLite option is the fastest, and is the default starting from RadioBOSS 6.0.

All tracks are stored locally but accessed via a mapped drive. I can only say that the information storage option set to SQL was the only change made and then we went from many problems to running very well, just like it ran on all previous versions.

RadioBoss: 6.0.1.9

The Mute Monitor (#1 on the attached snapshot) works ok but the Mute Playlist when using PreListen (#2 on the attached snapshot) does not work.

Attachments

• Mute Playlist.jpg
    Mute Playlist.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 296
The Mute Monitor (#1 on the attached snapshot) works ok but the Mute Playlist when using PreListen (#2 on the attached snapshot) does not work.
Can you please specify what's not working? The playlist appears to be muting correctly when tested here...

Mute Playlist Problem persists in 6.0.2.0

What's not working: I guess I would have to say the Mute Playlist option does not mute the playlist. When I click the PreListen icon for a track in the playlist or I right click on the track and then left click on the PreListen entry and the PreListen panel is displayed, the selected track plays but the currently playing track does not mute but continues to be heard even though the Mute Playlist option is checked as shown in my original post.

What's not working: I guess I would have to say the Mute Playlist option does not mute the playlist. When I click the PreListen icon for a track in the playlist or I right click on the track and then left click on the PreListen entry and the PreListen panel is displayed, the selected track plays but the currently playing track does not mute but continues to be heard even though the Mute Playlist option is checked as shown in my original post.
Can you please send a screenshot of "Playback" Settings so we can try to reproduce it here?

I am getting a few more bugs:

- The "&" symbol doesn't seem to appear on the cart wall, crossfade editor and a few more. It either gets replaced with an underscore or blank
- The search library columns reset to default when an update is performed
- The segue editor doesn't playback the changes live for example, when I trim a clip, It doesn't playback that way until I click ok and actually play it in the playlist which is really annoying

- The "&" symbol doesn't seem to appear on the cart wall, crossfade editor and a few more. It either gets replaced with an underscore or blank
Thank you, this will be fixed in the next update.

- The search library columns reset to default when an update is performed
This only happens when we add new columns. In the recent 6.0.3 update, a new column was added - "Date Added".

- The segue editor doesn't playback the changes live for example, when I trim a clip, It doesn't playback that way until I click ok and actually play it in the playlist which is really annoying
This will be improved in the futute updates.

Back