RadioBOSS 6.1 [beta]

The only small drawback that I notice is that now in the "volume mixer" of Windows, RadioBoss does not appear, so I cannot mute RB to monitor myself through the web of my radio.

Is there any possibility through configuration or code for RadioBoss to reappear in the volume mixer?
When you use ASIO, sound does not go through Windows Mixer therefore it can't display its level or control it. It's how the system works.

When you use ASIO, sound does not go through Windows Mixer therefore it can't display its level or control it. It's how the system works.
From what I have read, both ASIO and WASAPI are protocols and as such do nothing more than faithfully transport the audio from the source (media player) to the audio endpoint (the audio device's buffer).
They do not alter a single bit or alter the sample rate.

In fact I do not notice differences in the quality of the audio when switching between these protocols.
Therefore, to continue keeping RadioBoss on the mixer I will use WASAPI.

Is my conclusion correct?

From what I have read, both ASIO and WASAPI are protocols and as such do nothing more than faithfully transport the audio from the source (media player) to the audio endpoint (the audio device's buffer).
They do not alter a single bit or alter the sample rate.
They don't, but Windows Mixer does not support ASIO and will not let you see playback levels or control anything.

In fact I do not notice differences in the quality of the audio when switching between these protocols.
Therefore, to continue keeping RadioBoss on the mixer I will use WASAPI.
ASIO provides much lower latency, and it's also useful for multi-channel sound cards, when there are lots of channels.

They don't, but Windows Mixer does not support ASIO and will not let you see playback levels or control anything.
I have already opened a ticket with Microsoft to see if I can find a solution with a patch or they plan to update and add it in the future.
We are in the 21st century with the new Windows 11 and Microsoft still does not solve the compatibility with all the protocols....

As always Dmitri, thank you for sharing your wise knowledge with this beautiful community. (y)

I'm not saying this because it seems bad to me, but rather, it would be nice to have a STABLE version, without ERRORS or FAILURES for some time. If there are new functions, it would only be good to be able to add them from a link and be able to decide if each user wants to do it or not. Because I have seen that functions that worked very well are removed and others are added that in some cases present failures....
I know you expect Dimitry's comments, and in fact he will give them to you.
But what you say can cause more problems than solutions.
Incorporating functions from a link, having others that may be incompatible or do not adapt well to the model, I think it would not work in my humble point of view.

One thing is a complete, stable, tested app and another thing is an app that you are patching and then errors will come and you will not know what they are due to, with the consequent personal inconvenience and RB technical support.

I repeat, it is the humble point of view of a user, I am not an engineer.

hug

I'm not saying this because it seems bad to me, but rather, it would be nice to have a STABLE version, without ERRORS or FAILURES for some time. If there are new functions, it would only be good to be able to add them from a link and be able to decide if each user wants to do it or not.
This is how the software industry works. Even largest corporations like Microsoft can't get rid of the bugs completely, with all their money and army of employees etc.
Adding new features always means adding new bugs and issues, this is how it is. We have to add new features in order to compete on the market. Also, people suggest new features and they'd like to see them added sooner rather than later.

You ask us to stop adding any new features and just fix the bugs. If I were a potential customer, I wouldn't like that, because products in such state this seem to be dead (and in a sense, they actually are).

Because I have seen that functions that worked very well are removed
This is an extremely rare case in RadioBOSS, we almost never remove anything. Can you please tell me what useful feature was removed?

Incorporating functions from a link, having others that may be incompatible or do not adapt well to the model, I think it would not work in my humble point of view.
Adding functions as plugins will produce many more new bugs, and I guess very few users will like to do additional work - find, download, install plugin.

Now with the new ones many times they don't play, only the 1st one but the one that follows it in the list doesn't
Do you mean videos are not played in RadioBOSS? If so, please provide more details on what actually happens.

the URLs only some take it when before you put any URLs and they played ... and things like that ... but maybe is wrong.
Is there a problem with playing the URLs?

Back