RadioBOSS 6.3 beta

Teufel1805

Good evening everyone
I test a lot of programs and have now tested the boss for three days and was really thrilled I use a mishpullt and a controller here and I took the software that was with the controller, unfortunately it only works via Icecast, so I tested it on my computer and Shoutcast on my radio server and that worked wonderfully. The title display showed everything that other programs did not, so I can only recommend Radioboss for my purposes, that's enough

Yes Teufel we all expect so much from it , but its great I haven't found much wrong with the beta compared to the standard version in fact it seems pretty stable the DSP button worked flawlessly. to bring carts and jingles to studio quality, which is fantastic , unfortunately that's only half the stuff that could make this software amazing most of us have been using RB a long time and watched it grow. It's great that broadcast radio is catching on to this software. It just frustrates me sometimes. As the DSP Stereo Tool is just sitting perfectly with RB now producing phenomenal sound on ice cast or shout cast . You can use the encoder wizard to help install Icecast. You do not need separate drivers it can all happen in R.B

Patrick strange
I have this in latest beta it's a bit tucked away and just gives a selection box to select current DSP. I am worried as the Mic was sitting on this input port. I have as such purchased Alto Professional Bluetooth to put onto my PodCast Pro's but thing it's going to need cable or adapter as both are female XLR sadly I could use this on a mixing desk but am trying to not run to many peripherals. I am hoping this will bring it in on a different port that RB might recognise. Currently my carts wall and jungle are avoiding the DSP and going through BIMP. What I haven't got working is Microphone or Auto Intro which we use in DJ downtime. I have just got our website now handling all the strange characters in title and artist so that the print on website and are not blocked by SQL.

2667d62f01ff1c4d05c01deea353d8e3.png

Last edited:
The problem with this currently is it's a bit flawed as you have to have mic live broadcasting to get the cart wall and jiggles to play. This probably means I have to use mixing desk with this Alto Professional Bluetooth on the XLR output. So that it can be turned off on the mixer as I cannot find a way in RB to do this currently.

I have this in latest beta it's a bit tucked away and just gives a selection box to select current DSP.
Another, quicker way to access DSP for microphone is right-click MIC button in the main window.

Another, quicker way to access DSP for microphone is right-click MIC button in the main window.
Yes but it has to keep open for the user to press . can this adapter not send out to DSP route without going through this mike set up or should i ask this of the DSP to add the play adapters it will send via the BIMP

Have written to StereoTool by email to ask them if they can add an adapter port input like VB-Audio Virtual Cable mixing it with Mic in the BIMP as RB wont do this and its using up an input in Windows that is required for the Microphone .

Am still hopeful that Dimitri will add Auto Intro to this group of Play settings to have a shared adapter port with VB-Audio Virtual Cable that DSP could read without going through input on Microphone. Currently this only does this with Jingles and Cart

Wall sadly I don't understand what is difficult in adding it as the code must be the same for Jingles and Cart Wall so must already exist perhaps Dimitri could explain what makes these Auto Intro so much harder so we could understand as it seems simple moving of existing tested code to us and the placement of an extra box on Settings>>Play? If he would like to send code, I might be able to do it :) Cheeky grin

Yes Patrick I wonder if there is a mixer add on for RB that you could set that in there too :)

Dmitry, is it possible to have a field for downloading a podcast, a checkbox to only download the file if the last one is from today? (These attributes are in the xml)
A news network didn't update their news podcast for 2 days, and it was playing old news until we noticed.
In the case of not finding files for today, I would prefer that the file be deleted :)

It is not a radioboss problem, the news agency simply did not update with the frequency that it should

Dimitri ,

Also the beta one does not stop select same artists tracks within the sweeper repeat protection limits in place as the main app did . It now ignores the sweep repeat protection, and the Track List Protection is also ignored in beta

Also still wanting %lyrics in XML file if possible in this update
Not in this update, but maybe in one of the following updates.

Wall sadly I don't understand what is difficult in adding it as the code must be the same for Jingles and Cart Wall so must already exist perhaps Dimitri
The "difficulty" is that changes like this require extensive amounts of testing. This is why this improvement is assigned to version 6.4 where we plan to add audio routing configuration with several points where DSP can be applied.

Dmitry, is it possible to have a field for downloading a podcast, a checkbox to only download the file if the last one is from today? (These attributes are in the xml)
A news network didn't update their news podcast for 2 days, and it was playing old news until we noticed.
In the case of not finding files for today, I would prefer that the file be deleted :)
I think it's not a bug deal, a minor extension for download command will be added. You can then use the getfile command with /delete option to play and delete the news. However, I'm not sure how it will fix the news file is old, though.

Thanks, just being able to download files from today would be enough.
We have the rest of the tools :)
I'd like to note that it will download the latest podcast from the feed - it may not be the today's one, it just checks whatever one is the newest.

The "difficulty" is that changes like this require extensive amounts of testing. This is why this improvement is assigned to version 6.4 where we plan to add audio routing configuration with several points where DSP can be applied.
I tried to get 63 running VST but it had no sound will try again and see what was said currently running on 43

An update on this, actually download command already allows downloading podcasts - please see the docs for the syntax.

Back