RadioBOSS and TeamViewer

Yea but team veiwer is buggy and laggy just use UltraVNC http://www.uvnc.com/ faster smoother and very nice.Also all this stuff really is bloat Radio Boss needs an admin/Dj system.

That would be nice if they did, but then you would have to figure out a way how to get other admins or DJ's to login to that particular program session.

indieradionetwork said:
That would be nice if they did, but then you would have to figure out a way how to get other admins or DJ's to login to that particular program session.

No make a user based system where you can set DJ's the admin always has control not hard really.

True, but they would have to be timed perfect, because if they're not timed perfect, listeners notice  I have V2 so I have that capability, but if my DJ's go in at any given time to do their shows and it's not timed, my listeners notice there's something wrong with the station, and they leave.  And those are listeners I'll never get back.

indieradionetwork said:
True, but they would have to be timed perfect, because if they're not timed perfect, listeners notice  I have V2 so I have that capability, but if my DJ's go in at any given time to do their shows and it's not timed, my listeners notice there's something wrong with the station, and they leave.  And those are listeners I'll never get back.

Yea but doing anything remote is buggy even with UVNC and what ever this is not ment to be remote controlled lol if your gonna start something your best bet is to have a radio studio.

WBGS-Founder said:
Yea but doing anything remote is buggy even with UVNC and what ever this is not ment to be remote controlled lol if your gonna start something your best bet is to have a radio studio.
Pre-recorded shows are sometimes a good solution.

indieradionetwork said:
RadioBOSS already has the remote control API which will be extended in the future. For now the API capabilities are not enough for remote DJing...

indieradionetwork said:
Hmmmmmmmmm, I'll have to see how it works with my mixer too, cuz I know they didn't work so well with the mixer.  I figured we could do it straight out as long as they didn't change the audio device.

You're not gona get full control of hardware over the net that's crazy still you need to do a studio for what you're doing but if this ever happens, I'll be all for it and in shcok.

indieradionetwork said:
We do the shows now and have been for 2 years, but I have DJ's that want to go live and can't without cutting songs off and losing listeners.
Is it only cutting songs, or you get all your listeners disconnected when DJ connects?

WBGS-Founder said:
You're not gona get full control of hardware over the net that's crazy still you need to do a studio for what you're doing but if this ever happens, I'll be all for it and in shcok.
It's possible to run a show remotely - in this case, the setup will be more complicated and also there are latency issues.

I think it happens because of the server and the way it's set up, one because you have 2 DJ's from 2 different locations dj'ing.  The problem with Shoutcast and the problem it's always been, is that you have to reboot the server in order for your DJ to kick in, especially if you have one DJ in the States and one in Australia, unless there's a way to time it.  If you're located in one area and all your DJ's are in the same area, that's not a problem, but internet stations don't have DJ's in one certain area, cuz most are all over the world, and with the Shoutcast V@, you have to reboot the server, or in my case, I have auto DJ enabled, so if my live goes offline, the song cuts off and goes to server.  When live kicks back in, server cuts off song when it goes to live, cuz there's no way of timing the songs, so if you have a DJ come on at 8 and there's a song currently on til 8:15, and it started at 7:55, your DJ just cut off 15 minutes of a song because he didn't know one was playing.

You can use sc_trans - with it you won't need to reboot the server when DJ connects. So this problem is pretty easy to solve (sc_trans is where DJs connect and it acts as a source for sc_serv, where listeners connect - this way transition is pretty smooth).

About the timing for DJs - you can ask them to listen to the stream/check station schedule so they can choose better time to kick in.

Yeah, we thought about doing that too and setting my encoders up to start and stop at certain times when we have live programming, so as long as they have their thing set up right, they would be able to connect as soon as my encoders shut off.

indieradionetwork said:
Yeah, we thought about doing that too and setting my encoders up to start and stop at certain times when we have live programming, so as long as they have their thing set up right, they would be able to connect as soon as my encoders shut off.
With sc_trans it's not necessary - another DJ can connect when someone else is already broadcasting. You can set the DJ priorities to set how DJs can kick in.

Yeah I did that once with the provider once, but because it's v2, even if another dj comes in, they still have to reboot the server in order for it to kick in.  v1 however works a lot easier depending on the platform.  WHMSonic works the way you just described, because it goes off of source connection and it fades when someone connects in, but because we're with Centova and v2, it doesn't work that way.  The schedule is different too, because you can't set from 7pm to 2am, but only set for 24 hours if they go over that time slot, and then we would have to time it perfect, just because of a lot of songs running over that certain slot by a couple minutes.

With SC v2 you are able to seamlessly switch between AutoDJ/live DJ/another live DJ with no server reboots.

Icecast does fade in and fade out by the way, and it's better in general (more stable) and I'd recommend you switching to Icecast.

djsoft said:
With SC v2 you are able to seamlessly switch between AutoDJ/live DJ/another live DJ with no server reboots.

Yes this is true, but it depends on the server and the host you have along with the platform, cuz I have CentovaCast and unfortunately it doesn't switch that easy.

indieradionetwork said:
Yes this is true, but it depends on the server and the host you have along with the platform, cuz I have CentovaCast and unfortunately it doesn't switch that easy.
It's possible with Centovacast, I've just tried it with our service http://www.radioboss.fm
Transition between Live and AutoDJ is seamless and with the crossfade, it doesn't require server restart and listeners are not disconnected.
You can register for a free trial account and try how it works.

indieradionetwork said:
Hmmmmmmmmm, let me see what I can do.  Thanks for all the help in understanding the program and the radio servers.
OK. Please let me know if you need any more help with this.

Back