RadioBOSS Cloud Scheduler, Playlist, and Relay questions

Harry J

Hey guys I'm about 3 weeks into RadioBOSS Cloud.

I have looked through this DOPE Stream Hosting forum for about 2 hrs. before asking for help. I didn't see my situation.

PLS explain like I'm 6 yrs old šŸ˜

I read the RadioBOSS Cloud quick start guide and the section I want to get up and running "Scheduler" about 1000 times. I tested different ways of setting it up.

We just need a good start.

We only have small windows to test the station because we are already Live on iHeart Radio
. I don't want to get kicked off of iHeart for having something mess up and there's hrs of dead air.

We have these times that we want to schedule with slightly different types of music.

6am to 10am - playlist 1
10am to 2pm - playlist 2
2pm to 6pm - playlist 3
6pm to 10pm - playlist 4
10 pm to 6am - playlist 5
***NOTE Station ID, Ads, Sweepers, drops are included in each playlist (should these be scheduled separately?)

Every time a playlist is scheduled we want the previous playlist to be removed.
(Do we have to have a playlist that's 4hr long (or 4 1 hr) for the playlist 1-4 and an 8hr long (or 8 1 hr) for playlist 5 OR can we repeat the playlist 3-4 times to cover the time we need?)

Is there a way to have a default playlist as a backup in case any of the 5 playlist fail or is not long enough so the station doesn't have dead air until the next playlist starts?

Is there a way to have a Relay in RadioBOSS Cloud? If so, is there any documentation on how to do it?

I seen Voice tracking will be available in one of the next updates. NIIIIICE

Thank you in advance

We only have small windows to test the station because we are already Live on iHeart Radio. I don't want to get kicked off of iHeart for having something mess up and there's hrs of dead air.
You can test RadioBOSS Cloud separately - configure it and you can listen to it from the control panel.

NOTE Station ID, Ads, Sweepers, drops are included in each playlist (should these be scheduled separately?)
They can be in the playlist, or they can be separately - you decide what approach is best for your case. There's no right or wrong way.

Every time a playlist is scheduled we want the previous playlist to be removed.
There's event option "Replace playlist" to do that.

Is there a way to have a default playlist as a backup in case any of the 5 playlist fail or is not long enough so the station doesn't have dead air until the next playlist starts?
It can only notify you about the silence via email. Another way - do not clear playlist contents, add new tracks instead.

Is there a way to have a Relay in RadioBOSS Cloud? If so, is there any documentation on how to do it?
You can relay other streams - add" Network stream" to the playlist and specify its URL, you can also schedule it.

Back