RADIOBOSS.FM stream hosting [beta]

djsoft said:
johngrant said:
djsoft said:
You can try Muses or jPlayer.
Which codec would I select?
Are those players asking to select a codec?

Yea, they seem to support MP3, OGG and ACC.

I have a streaming talk site.  every show episode is blogged in Wordpress.  I want either embed a player in the blog (and autoplay) if the show is currently running live, or embed my podcast if the show is over.

Need to make that first piece work with Radioboss.fm.

Thanks!

For compatibility purposes I'd recommend you to use mp3. Both those players work fine with radioboss.fm stream hosting.

johngrant said:
Which Radioboss.fm tunein link should I use for a URL?
Please open Quick Links in the control panel and save one of the playlists from the Tune-In links section to your hard drive. Open the saved playlist and you'll see the direct stream link there.

For convenience, the control panel will have the direct stream link included in the Quick Links section soon.

djsoft said:
johngrant said:
Which Radioboss.fm tunein link should I use for a URL?
Please open Quick Links in the control panel and save one of the playlists from the Tune-In links section to your hard drive. Open the saved playlist and you'll see the direct stream link there.

For convenience, the control panel will have the direct stream link included in the Quick Links section soon.

Any way to use a radioboss stream in the mp3-jplayer mode (which expects tracks) rather than the mp3j or mp3t mode (which expects a single track or stream)?

thanks.

johngrant said:
Any way to use a radioboss stream in the mp3-jplayer mode (which expects tracks) rather than the mp3j or mp3t mode (which expects a single track or stream)?
Could you please give more information on this? Which player are you using and what do you need to achieve?

djsoft said:
johngrant said:
Could you please give more information on this? Which player are you using and what do you need to achieve?

jplayer supports four modes:  mp3t, mp3j, mp3-jplayer, and mp3-popup.  The http://xxx.yy.zzz.aaa:1234/stream works fine with the first two, but not the others, which expect a list of tracks.  Is there any way to pass the Radioboss.fm stream URL to this, or one of the Tune-in links? It's just a matter of the skins looking better on the latter two.  thanks.

hello all!!  just joined radioboss.fm, was impressed with the free trial.  got my stream set up, doing some testing, but for the life of me i can not get the album artwork to show up, i don't know if i got a setting wrong, as i understand radioboss can pass the artwork to the server.. and all my songs have artwork embedded, i use mp3tag.  any advice?  thanks so much. i'm happy to be here.

johngrant said:
jplayer supports four modes:  mp3t, mp3j, mp3-jplayer, and mp3-popup.  The http://xxx.yy.zzz.aaa:1234/stream works fine with the first two, but not the others, which expect a list of tracks.  Is there any way to pass the Radioboss.fm stream URL to this, or one of the Tune-in links? It's just a matter of the skins looking better on the latter two.  thanks.
I think you should contact jPlayer support regarding this. You can try using tunein links (which are playlists) with other modes, maybe it'll work.

brlmedia said:
hello all!!  just joined radioboss.fm, was impressed with the free trial.  got my stream set up, doing some testing, but for the life of me i can not get the album artwork to show up, i don't know if i got a setting wrong, as i understand radioboss can pass the artwork to the server.. and all my songs have artwork embedded, i use mp3tag.  any advice?  thanks so much. i'm happy to be here.
RadioBOSS only sends artworks to Shoutcast v2 server. Please let me know what your streaming login is (you can send it to support@radioboss.fm) - we'll check what could be wrong there.

hello!  just a quick question??  I am relaying my stream to live365.com, for testing. I am getting a "dmca violation, playlist too short" from live365, so i assume the track info and stuff isn't being sent to live365? i mean i can hear the stream just fine, i am just getting delisted from their directory?  any thoughts?

I think you should contact Live365 suipport regarding this issue. radioboss.fm transfers track information in the stream (you can try playing the stream in Winamp to see if titles are there).

johngrant said:
Can you tell me what to give Stitcher for "RSS Feed URL?"  Thanks. Tried all the links.
Currently we do not provide RSS feed, this is planned for the future. Is this required at Stitcher?

Yeah, it seems to be.  The docs appear to support an mp3 mp4 or mp4a extension as well as xml, so I can give it the rss feed from my podcast provider.  Can I use any of those extensions from your stream?

You can try creating a simple Podcast XML and put your stream link there. For information on how to generate such an XML file, please see this link: http://www.podcast411.com/howto_1.html

It's also a good idea to ask Stitcher support how to properly add your stream.

Also, needing to do a few resets on the console - 'Problems sending to a server - Check network upload speed.'  It's been a little balky all weekend.  Thanks.

johngrant said:
Also, needing to do a few resets on the console - 'Problems sending to a server - Check network upload speed.'  It's been a little balky all weekend.  Thanks.
That's strange. Network load was OK (lots of free bandwidth). Probably it was a problem with your ISP or somewhere in between.

Back