RadioBOSS - Possible bug with Track Tool

Hello Dmitry,

I produce a Community Notice Board segment that works like this:

1.  Assembled into a single playlist that goes to air automatically 13 times a day

2.  Consists of up to 10 individual audio files

3.  Each audio file is produced with Audacity, audio is amplified and compressed, and 0.3 seconds of silence is added to the start and finish of each audio file so that each file has a gap before the next one starts

4.  When the audio files are complete I put them all into the playlist and save it.  I then right mouse click on each audio file and select Track Tool.  I then tick the Start and End options and adjust those numbers so that they include the 0.3 seconds of silence - hence I set Start to 0.00 and End to the maximum.  I then click OK to save.

5.  The problem that I am seeing is that the Start setting always works correctly and is saved, but the End setting only works sometimes - perhaps only for half the audio files I am working on.  When it doesn't work the End red line jumps back to the end of the active audio and does not allow the extra 0.3 seconds of silence to be included.

I cannot see any pattern to indicate why it works sometimes and fails other times.

Can you please check this out ?

Thanks,  Jamie C.

radiodungog said:
I cannot see any pattern to indicate why it works sometimes and fails other times.
It's hard to tell why it may happen. Can you please send the two files that sometimes fail to play correctly to support@djsoft.net - we'll try to reproduce it here.

The bug does not seem to reproduce here. Do you use the latest RadioBOSS 5.6.2?

radiodungog said:
Yes we are using RadioBOSS 5.6.2 on both PCs that exhibit the same problem.
To clarify, you set the "End" point in Track Tool, click OK and then after you open it again, the point is not set, or is positioned in the wrong place?

Dmitry,

I click on the start point selection box and the START red line appears.  I then click on the time arrow until it gets to zero.  That always works.

I then click on the end point selection box and the END red line appears.  I then click on the time arrow until it gets to maximum.  I then click on OK to save it but it doesn't want to save it and the END red line moves backwards to the original place in the track and then hitting OK lets it get saved - but in the wrong place.

Then when I open up the Track Tool again the END red line is clearly not at the right place at the very end of the sound file.

I hope this description makes sense.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

radiodungog said:
click on the time arrow until it gets to maximum
Yes, this is it. If arrows are used, it sometimes does not let save. Will be fixed in the next update, thank you for the information.

radiodungog said:
The Track Tool seems to be working correctly now in BETA version 5.7.0.0
Yes, the bug was fixed there - thank you for confirming that fix worked!

Back