RadioBoss Retail Version 7.01.9

We also had xml issues but in our case it was with "now playing" - we used to have meta data in "auto" but we changed that to "manual" and problems was solved. Maybe totally of topic but ... here we are.

It used to show all errors or all different type of events. it was indicated by '...' on log window.
We did not remove this command because it never ever existed.

I am taking about % variables used by scheduler can you list them as they are not in helpfile there must be something to alter / edit / reset count down timer rom set command in scheduler interpreter or this count down in red pictured indicated by red arrow or red ring:
Countdown shows when the event is going to start, according to its start time and other configuration.
Variables (%var): https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/title-format-variables.htm
File name templates (?hh etc): https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_options.htm

It does do this automatically. but you can't specify start time counter in red above as the amount set here if you press 'Run Now' in either manual or normal operation. it does not reset it but carries on not playing half the playlist or more only up to the timer.
It's not supposed to reset, I already explained what Run Now button does.

If you are editing the current playlist and an event happens instead of the tracks being placed next to the current playing song they get placed where the last song was dropped into playlist , this is a **bug**
If nothing was playing in the playlist, it will be inserted in the last played position.

Ok Dimitri I have been testing my website it fell over today after playing 382 songs which means it went to get data double this times 744 read writes. It started running 29/2/2024 and ended 31-03-2024 t 2:27 as I said there is a need for image in XML. As it currently runs 2 days usage.
Another reason to find a new web host, without funny limits for reading files or whatever.

I have written to internet supplier why this keeps happening and if they could point me to some reason. I can only think they are measuring disk usage through Inodes which is the i/o which as I said would be better if this was in same file not separate where the image is wasteful.

With regard to notification usage we received this :

Fri, Dec 16, 4:47 AM by Lee Johnston of Wildcard Net:

"The device is indeed a router, all of our core routers implement CoPP, the latency for the intermediate hops on your traceroute don't really mean anything. The CoPP effects CPU traffic on the routers not forwarded traffic, as you can see from 31.22.6.126 (which is Ifast's router) it's back to what you would expect.

You need to raise this with Ifastnet if you need further assistance as the traffic is transversing our network and it looks like they've got some form of filtering in place causing the timeouts on your traceroute
."

"

That was a polite way of saying "we do not care".
Be ready for a game of ping pong.
I'm not trying to be a smartass but this will be bouncing around in cyberspace forever.
Need pro or semi pro stuff - look for it, stop wasting time. When you calc and it will "cost
you $2 to get back $1" in form of time/money it's time to move on.

It used to show all errors or all different type of events. it was indicated by '...' on log window.
We did not remove this command because it never ever existed.
Please see whole app sots i posted it is clear on them I don't make things up.
I am taking about % variables used by scheduler can you list them as they are not in helpfile there must be something to alter / edit / reset count down timer rom set command in scheduler interpreter or this count down in red pictured indicated by red arrow or red ring:
Countdown shows when the event is going to start, according to its start time and other configuration.
Variables (%var): https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/title-format-variables.htm
File name templates (?hh etc): https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_options.htm

There does not seem to be a variable there can you be more helpful pointing to the %countdowntimer or whatever it is called?

It does do this automatically. but you can't specify start time counter in red above as the amount set here if you press 'Run Now' in either manual or normal operation. it does not reset it but carries on not playing half the playlist or more only up to the timer.
It's not supposed to reset, I already explained what Run Now button does.

How can this be helpful I have asked you to describe its uses as nothing seems to reset this counter only deleting the schedule and creating a new one this is rather strange?

If you are editing the current playlist and an event happens instead of the tracks being placed next to the current playing song they get placed where the last song was dropped into playlist , this is a **bug**
If nothing was playing in the playlist, it will be inserted in the last played position.

I already informed you what was wrong you are just ignoring this bug. You are missing the point, or I am not getting across to you what is wrong.

Ok Dimitri I have been testing my website it fell over today after playing 382 songs which means it went to get data double these times 744 read writes. It started running 29/2/2024 and ended 31-03-2024 t 2:27 as I said there is a need for image in XML. As it currently runs 2 days usage.
Another reason to find a new web host, without funny limits for reading files or whatever.

There is not any they all use this system to minimize overuse of their systems. To make it fair for everyone else using them why are you writing something that makes it difficult for other users of the websites? When can we expect XMLR to contain Lyrics an image metadata? all systems watch Inodes usage.

I have written to internet supplier why this keeps happening and if they could point me to some reason. I can only think they are measuring disk usage through Inodes which is the i/o which as I said would be better if this was in same file not separate where the image is wasteful.
Your web site host seems to be saving disk operations, for some odd reason, like it's year 2000 or something. This affects you. For you to solve this, you need to change the hosting or change plan there or whatever. I will be blunt, we won't be doing anything about it. We're not interested at all in finding workarounds for other people's odd services.

There does not seem to be a variable there can you be more helpful pointing to the %countdowntimer or whatever it is called?
You can retrieve this info via the API: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/remote_controlapi.htm

How can this be helpful I have asked you to describe its uses as nothing seems to reset this counter only deleting the schedule and creating a new one this is rather strange?
I'm really not sure what this is about. "Run in" column shows when the event will start. Run Now button starts the event. Everything there works and there's nothing to fix.

I already informed you what was wrong you are just ignoring this bug. You are missing the point, or I am not getting across to you what is wrong.
There's no bug, at least we can't reproduce it and I don't see other users reporting it. So we'll take a waiting stance, for now.

I think it's time for me to retire from discussing those same matters over and over. I don't think I have anything else to add here. Time to move on.

Well, a glad you are confident about it. I can't give you any help on this if you ignore suggestions. over bloated websites are a pain I am fed up with explaining the same thing over and over again. What is the point of this dialogue?

What is it exactly for its intended purpose? I see lots of information about scheduler command usage is there a script it is created or each Scheule event where is it located can it be examined and changed? I note you can have a multiple event log is there is there an event operator to reset counter

you need to find a provider that offers unlimited trafik
you will hardly find that with a free hoster
RadioBOSS doesn't need a lot of traffic, if you export nowplaying info (2KB) and artwork (200KB average) it's only sent every about 4 minutes (average song duration) - any server will not have problems with this. Free servers, of course, may have all sorts of problems.

Well quite frankly most of the website works or should work in browser not on the server. As the Server is only receiving FTP data this traffic is not weighed in and using the script I gave you in PHP to upload to server SQL every 4 mins I can't see that is a lot opening an XML and artwork if the file attribute date has changed. The fall over of the site is completely Randon and cannot be writer fault which would be specific not random. I wanted you to try adding to the XML which you refused to see if this was a file opening issue as this never seemed to be a fault when just the image was opened. It must be the two files which is causing this heavy traffic. Which could be supplied in one?

It must be the two files which is causing this heavy traffic.
There's no heavy traffic. The server has funny limits and it's the problem. Looks like the server is extremely cheap or most likely free. It's not our problem to deal with.

Nope it's not a cheap one iFastNet s commercial but am not giving them money yet as it has not worked like all other sites. It's all websites that does this as I informed you above that most of the code is in the browser not the server. The only server activity being reading the PHP firing it when the images changes and reading the XML into SQL and limiting the number of records last in first out. I already showed you the PHP. It certainly is not heavy on use and therefore your code is double actioning. It used to fire data through a PHP and supplying variables on the command line this worked well. for many years an all websites until the Google Servers blocked this transfer in LLC servers which was inelegant. You then created the lovely XML which was the ticket and worked until this server CPU issue surfaced . I asked you during previous version to and lyrics and %artwork to XL the program is so much better than it was but still needs some work in some places this is not to say it's fantastic what it is doing. I would not be trying to point you in the right direction if it was not worth doing the changes, but you refuse most. I never asked you to put in schedules that was someone else but I wanted them to be right for everyone. Currently they do work but if you interrupt t it goes haywire not professional for a radio station as your next play will go the remainer of the time before it jumps back to a two-hour playlist cycle

Back