RadioBOSS - Urgent Request for Fix on Config Files

Hello Dmitry,

One of our presenters broke RadioBOSS today.  I wasn't there but I'm in
the studio now trying to get it working.

It appears to start then freeze, then it plays one 15 second advert, then
it closes, then opens again.

This goes on and on ....

I think the problem relates to then files in the Profile folder.  There
are a lot of them and the latest profile that we use seems to have about
17 versions date stamped with today's date and time.

So, I created a new folder called Profile_old and put all those files in
there.

RadioBOSS now starts and seems to run okay.

I also reinstalled the version that we were running - 5.2.3.0 - just in
case there was something in it that was corrupted.

When I start RadioBOSS now it uses the Default profile files and it seems
to play okay.

I want to get back to using the correct profile files.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this so that we can use that correct
profile set again ?  It would be an impossible task to create all the
scheduled events and stuff by hand.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Radio Dungog

You can import scheduled events from the old profile: click the List button under the scheduled events list, select Import (or Open), choose the .sdl file from the previous profile (usually those files are located in the settings folder under Presets\Scheudle).

Dmitry,

Thanks for the reply.  I was still using the same profile as before and I managed to find a config set that was not corrupted so I used that and saved it to a new date stamp and name and it's working again.

Whew !

We have a massive amount of entries in our scheduler so the thought of re-creating them manually is painful.

Thanks for the prompt reonse.

Jamie C.

I'm glad the issue is resolved. Did you find out what setting made it freeze? I noticed the version you use is old, perhaps it was a File Explorer bug (what you open certain folders it can hang).

Dmirty,

No I didn't find out what caused the problem.

What is the significance of all the duplicates of the files in the Profile folder ?  Why do they get generated ?

Also, I remember from a very long time ago that there was a limit to the number of files or configs that can be stored in the Profile folder.  I can remember seeing RadioBOSS open and close, open and close ad infinitum a long time ago and you changed the number of configs that could be stored in that Profile folder to fix it.

Is there a maximum number now ?

Thanks,  Jamie C.

radiodungog said:
Also, I remember from a very long time ago that there was a limit to the number of files or configs that can be stored in the Profile folder.
I don't recall such a limit... It's only limited by available disk space. There are no limits introduced by the software.

radiodungog said:
I can remember seeing RadioBOSS open and close, open and close ad infinitum a long time ago and you changed the number of configs that could be stored in that Profile folder to fix it.
Yes there was a problem on some computers where RadioBOSS started and crashed immediately, then restarted automatically and so on. It was narrowed down to File Explorer - it crashed when it accessed Shell to retrieve file and folder list, this bug was fixed some versions ago.

radiodungog said:
What is the significance of all the duplicates of the files in the Profile folder ?  Why do they get generated ?
If you mean the .bak files, those are just copies of the config files in case original config file becomes corrupted.

Back