RadioBoss & Weather

jopara

Hello again. I have been trying the RadioBoss weather option again and the truth is that they do not coincide at all with the temperature and humidity that we have in our city (tested in different areas of the city).
Always the temperature differs, in some cases, up to 6 degrees centigrafos, and it goes without saying that the relative humidity does not match either.
This is a problem, since several clients who pay to indicate the time (sponsors) are complaining for this reason.

1.- When can we choose another page that tells us the time more reliably?
2.- Is it possible to be able, in the near future, to indicate the time from a text file? I have seen that there are barometers that connect to USB and can indicate the time in a txt file.
3.- I update the data every hour, is it possible that this is a problem and in this way not of the exact data?

Thank you

jopara said:
When can we choose another page that tells us the time more reliably?
Currently RadioBOSS has only one weather source (openweathermap). If you update it too often, it may disregard some update requests. I suggest updating weather data no often than every 3 hours.

jopara said:
Is it possible to be able, in the near future, to indicate the time from a text file? I have seen that there are barometers that connect to USB and can indicate the time in a txt file.
RadioBOSS can read text from a text file (the Text-to-Speech engine) - if you can make some other software generate the text file with weather phrase, RadioBOSS can read it.

djsoft said:
I suggest updating weather data no often than every 3 hours.
It's a crazy time. The data will be completely useless. We need to be able to update every half hour or at least one hour.
Also I have the following question, how much time has to pass until RadioBOSS considers the data as outdated and stops announcing.

djsoft said:
Is it possible to be able, in the near future, to indicate the time from a text file? I have seen that there are barometers that connect to USB and can indicate the time in a txt file.

I have exactly the same request, today these weather stations are economical and much more accurate than these services.
I have the Cumulus program works with a lot of weather stations that is capable of generating a TXT with this data.
Here is an example of the TXT that generates
Code:
29/01/18 14:54:04 33.8 31 14.3 0.0 0.0 315 0.0 738.3 1010.8 NW 0 m/s C mb mm 0.0 -0.1 4799.3 4799.3 0.0 27.9 51 33.8 +0.1 33.8 14:53 0.0 14:51 0.0 14:51 0.0 14:51 1011.0 14:51 0.0 14:51 1.9.4 1097 0.0 33.2 37.3 0 0.00 0 0 0.0 5 1 0 --- 7958 ft 35.2 0.0 9 0

RB would just have to read them the same way he does with this services.
Text-to-Speech is useless for the Spanish language.

nelson c said:
We need to be able to update every half hour or at least one hour.
This may be fixed if RadioBOSS asks for API key to retrieve weather data (instead of using its own) - this will lift the limitation and it'll be possible to request weather data as often as needed.

For RadioBOSS 5.8 it's planned to also add other weather services - most of them will require registration but it's a one time procedure.

nelson c said:
I have the Cumulus program works with a lot of weather stations that is capable of generating a TXT with this data.
Is the format of this text file documented somewhere?

The truth, that this is necessary (it would not be if the meteorological data were not sponsored and is important for our station, it may not be a priority for others).The truth is that with software that read the weather directly from where we are, it would be more reliable. I already indicated that in most cases the climate does not coincide at all with the weater we have in our cities.

I have seen a program called, Weather Watcher Live that is somewhat more reliable (https://www.singerscreations.com/WeatherWatcher/Pricing/) only costs $ 19 per year and can be a more than acceptable solution if you have sponsored the weather. I feel, and I do not like the similarities, but ZaraStudio can read this under a text file or html generated by the Weather Watcher Live itself. I've seen him work at other radio stations. This or simply as I said above nelson c, some other meteorological station that RadioBoss can read through a .txt, would be ideal.

djsoft said:
For RadioBOSS 5.8 it's planned to also add other weather services - most of them will require registration but it's a one time procedure.
Great, having to register is not a problem
djsoft said:
Is the format of this text file documented somewhere?
Of course, here is the documentation link
http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Realtime.txt

jopara said:
The truth is that with software that read the weather directly from where we are, it would be more reliable. I already indicated that in most cases the climate does not coincide at all with the weater we have in our cities.
Yes - one of the next versions will allow using other weather sources, including text files.

nelson c said:
Of course, here is the documentation link
http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Realtime.txt
OK, noted - thank you.

Hi,
Do you know when we will be able to select another weather source ?
The openweathermap.org is not enough accurate unfortunately (2-5 degrees difference)... Maybe accuweather.com (partially free) or wunderground.com/weather.com could be great :)
Thank you

https://developer.accuweather.com/

If I request this again as soon as possible. I am losing money because clients do not want to sponsor something uncertain and for the moment we stop selling it.
Please be included as soon as possible in future versions of RadioBoss.
Thank you so much

Definitely would aporeciate the option of reading a text file or HTML which simply contains the current temperature and can trigger the equivalent temperature audio file as in Weather Watcher Live.

This is possible, please read this post: https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,6309.msg30306.html#msg30306

This is wonderful news..however can't seem to find weather.ini file. Can you please provide default location.

Also would it be possible to include TuneIn integration in Radiocaster via a wizard as in RadioBoss?

radioena said:
This is wonderful news..however can't seem to find weather.ini file. Can you please provide default location.
It's in the settings folder, Temp subfolder - to open it please click Settings->Open Settings Folder menu command.

radioena said:
Also would it be possible to include TuneIn integration in Radiocaster via a wizard as in RadioBoss?
RadioCaster does not have notifications feature like RadioBOSS does, and it also lacks separate artist/title information to pass to Tune In.

Hello. The help in RadioBoss should be updated, where there is talk of automatic broadcasting of temperature data. I couldn't find how to set up the source from which the data is retrieved. It should also explain in more detail how to broadcast temperature data with the help of tts. I understand how it works with voice files, but I don't understand how to do it with tts.

Hello. The help in RadioBoss should be updated, where there is talk of automatic broadcasting of temperature data. I couldn't find how to set up the source from which the data is retrieved. It should also explain in more detail how to broadcast temperature data with the help of tts. I understand how it works with voice files, but I don't understand how to do it with tts.
here are my examples from my current scheduler, which may help.
The api from openweather should return the variables to RB and the text to speech thing just inserts those variables into your text and then reads it.

here is my schedule entry as an example "weather new port richey, us"
you can check if the variables are updated, on the top left corner, you also need to check settings...view... show weather and humidity in the main window for this to show up, like this
1608247619654.png

then my text to speech is "TTS=-2;hello. The temperature right now in Port Richey florida is ?temp_f degrees, the humidity is ?humidity percent. the winned speed is ?wind_speed_m miles an hour. Conditions, ?wind_name. have a lovely day. this is rettrow radio."

The variables are the bits with the ? be careful with the underscores, notice also i had to use the word "winned" to correctly say "wind" otherwise it says it as "wynd" as in to "wind up a clock".

Hope that helps. I am just a user like you, just took me a while myself to understand how it works, it works flawlessly now, with a few tweaks as above.

Back