Random Error "Unable to play! Error code 41 (unsupported file format)"

josh.kay

Hi all,

Just a quick question, every now and again this error pops up "Unable to play! Error code 41 (unsupported file format)". But then if you click play on the file manually or run the scheduler event again it works fine. Not sure whats going on with it as its the same MP3 file.

Thanks.

It should either always play it, or always fail. It could be some hardware problem, when the file is sometimes read correctly, and sometimes not. Are you sure the error message is not for some other file?

Hi,

I'm sure. as its only 1 file in the scheduler event set. all the files are located on a shard drive, but the shared drive is from the server that runs radio boss. I'm guessing radio boss runs fine on Windows Server 2012?

Josh Kay said:
I'm sure. as its only 1 file in the scheduler event set. all the files are located on a shard drive, but the shared drive is from the server that runs radio boss. I'm guessing radio boss runs fine on Windows Server 2012?
RadioBOSS works on Windows Server. Shared drive shouldn't be a problem too. Do you use the latest RadioBOSS 5.7.2?

I'm not sure what the problem could be, please try copying the file to a local folder - if it works fine, then it's something to do with the network.

Back