RB and new Windows 10 april update

You should check input settings: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/microphone___line-in.htm

Are there any error messages in the log window?

I got working again. I uninstall the Windows 10 April update and the line in port is now working again. SO there is an issue with that microsoft update.

Action Radio 95.1 said:
SO there is an issue with that microsoft update.
There shouldn't be, even if it is, it's unlikely to be fatal. Sometimes after Windows is updated, it changes the device identifiers, and RadioBOSS is unable to find the sound card that was assigned to input or playback device. This is fixed from RadioBOSS settings, just select the sound cards again.

Also make sure to check your privacy settings and allow microphone access for apps. Seems that in the 1803 update this not just applies to windows store apps, also traditional apps are affected. I had the same problem and could solve this by turning on mic access under windows privacy settings.

RadioBoss otherwise still works as usual.

HTH
Steffen

Steffen Schultz said:
privacy settings and allow microphone access for apps.
This is interesting - thank you for the information. We'll add a note about this to user manual.

Basti said:
We all love Windows. Don't we?
Windows is OK mostly. But sometimes brings surprises :)

jamespandit said:
RB simply freezes on the startup and crashes itself any idea how do I fix it?
This is usually caused by:
- a virus
- an antivirus that blocks RadioBOSS from accessing some files
- some other software that affects RadioBOSS, preventing it from starting up.

If it worked fine before, and now doesn't, please review all changes you recently made to the system, e.g what software was installed etc.

It's not a virus - it's the april update itself makes problems.
For the moment there are a lot of problems with that update. If you have the choice make a rollback (to 1709).

Here in german media there a lot of arcticles about that fact. For example the fact that the system freezes when launchin Chrome. RadioBOSS could be also affected by this, but this isn't a DJsoft bug.

Basti said:
It's not a virus - it's the april update itself makes problems.
We've tested all our software on computers with this Windows update installed, and no problems were noticed. We test on clean computers, that means, no 3rd party software except for necessary drivers and our software.
It could be that some 3rd party software is affected by an update, and, in turn, it affects RadioBOSS.

The software that may affect RadioBOSS is any software that changes system behavior or intercepts file or network operations:
- alternative start menu, alternative desktop,
- toolbars for Windows explorer,
- virtual disk drives,
- 3rd party antivirus software
- etc etc.

I agree with you. But one question that interesting me: Is RadioBOSS using hardware acceleration for GUI rendering in specific styles?

Basti said:
Is RadioBOSS using hardware acceleration for GUI rendering in specific styles?
Honestly, I don't know, as this is a feature of the VCL (the visual component library that RadioBOSS uses). IIRC, it uses GDI+ and therefore should use HW acceleration if possible. But GDI+ is itself pretty slow still.

Back