RB hipcups on playback

nyankee

Anyone else having this problem? Just recently my radioboss does constant hipcups when playing. Music stops one to two seconds constantly. What can be wrong?

Just ran a little test, and might the issue....

Is does these hipcups when i turn on ym stream with Streemi.com. Why is this stream causing RB to have hipcups on playback? It is really bad.

nyankee said:
Anyone else having this problem? Just recently my radioboss does constant hipcups when playing. Music stops one to two seconds constantly. What can be wrong?
I suppose it worked fine previously? If yes, you should check what was changed recently.
* if you're using antivirus software, a recent update may bring some problems. It's not recommended to use any antivirus software on a broadcast machine. It brings nothing but problems. For security measures Windows Firewall, properly configured, is more than enough.
* review the new software you've installed on the machine
* try turning off broadcast feature temporarily - if issue disappears, it means that internet connection speed is not good enough to send the stream and/or broadcasting server is slow for some reason.

Also, check playbeck settings, try increasing playback buffer size (Settings->Playback->Main device).

nyankee said:
Is does these hipcups when i turn on ym stream with Streemi.com. Why is this stream causing RB to have hipcups on playback? It is really bad.
It happens because RB sends the stream to a server and if it's unable to do it fast enough - it stops sound processing. That's why sound breaks.

djsoft said:
nyankee said:
It happens because RB sends the stream to a server and if it's unable to do it fast enough - it stops sound processing. That's why sound breaks.

So it is my computer?

Right now it is working fine again. looks like this happens sometimes, and i have to turn off the streemi source, which is making me think it is smething witht he servers they use....  I do have microsoft essentials turned on, but my computer is top notch. Got i7 processor 12gb ddr3, SSD, Creative HD sound card ect..    This started to ahppen when i decided to use a host to increase listeners.

It's not your computer issue.
Most likely the connection between your ISP and Streemi servers is not fast enough (especially if servers are physically far away from you), or Streemi servers are overloaded and therefore slow - which results in unreliable stream transfer.

I think we'll change the way RadioBOSS handles streaming, so one slow server/connection won't interrupt the operation.

You know, I was running the Trial of RadioBoss on my other computer and it was cutting out like his is (and it is a really s....l.....o.....w.........c......o.......m......p......u......t.....e.....r! I tried to run it on my fast one and it worked perfectly.

djwolf said:
You know, I was running the Trial of RadioBoss on my other computer and it was cutting out like his is (and it is a really s....l.....o.....w.........c......o.......m......p......u......t.....e.....r! I tried to run it on my fast one and it worked perfectly.
This can be solved too.
Open Settings->Playback->Main device (click Change button) and increase buffer size. The slower the computer - the larger the buffer should be.

djsoft said:
djwolf said:
This can be solved too.
Open Settings->Playback->Main device (click Change button) and increase buffer size. The slower the computer - the larger the buffer should be.

Is radio boss compatible with centova cast? Like i said, if i turn off the source that connects to centova problem goes away. I run like 7 broadcast and all are connected to my connection, only that one causes issues.

In regards my computer. it is a custom built computer with everything high end, so i dont think it is the computer. It is weird how it happens at certain times only. It will work fine for part of the day and around 3pm it gets hip cus, specially when you see listeners being connected on that source.

CentovaCast is a control panel for Shoutcast and Icecast servers. RadioBOSS is compatible with those.

If you experience problems when listeners connected, it's likely that server is overloaded and therefore cannot receive stream from RB at a rate required for playback. I think you should check the server and its network interfaces. Do some speed tests for example.

could it be this:

aside from the streemi port i have set up, I have 7 other ports that broadcast the same strem or radio i have running on my computer. All vary different sample rates (96k-128k. those ports use my ISP, or my own connection and PC to carry the listeners. I would say i get around 50-60 total listeners in those ports. Could that be making this other port to buffer a lot? or that does not make the difference? Is it recommended to use other ports or own connection to host listeners, while running connected to an outide server like centevacast on another, which should hold 250 listeners?

Here is my speedtest results:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2132719483.png

Upload speed may be not enough. You have 760kbps upload speed... having several streams at 96-128 kbps will use this channel at full capacity and even more. You should have some reserve speed for stable broadcast. When speed is not enough RB will wait, causing sound to break.

Back