RB Track List Question

Dmitry,

We are using the Track List feature more and more - it is a such a good feature to have !  Thanks !

Question:

When the same Track List is used in several playlists does the rotation feature work as a global function - or does the rotation work in an individual manner in each Track List location.

Example:

We have 12 advert blocks that go to air over a 4 hour period - so 3 blocks per hour.

Each advert block is a playlist that holds 2-3-4 adverts.

I was planning on putting a station ID in at the end of each advert block.

To do this I was planning to use a Track List at the end of each advert block playlist.

That playlist used by the "Station ID Track List" would be a common playlist.

We would probably set the Track List option to: "Track Selection" = "In order"

Is it likely that the "Station ID" track would move to the next track regardless of the advert block that is played ?

Thanks,  Jamie C.

radiodungog said:
When the same Track List is used in several playlists does the rotation feature work as a global function - or does the rotation work in an individual manner in each Track List location.
It works as a 'global'. If you have Track List in one place and it takes first track, then if the same Track List is played from another place, it'll take the second track, and so on.

Note: track Lists are considered the 'same' if: they have the same track source and same selection method. For folders, they should also have the same state of "Recurse subfolders" option.

radiodungog said:
Is it likely that the "Station ID" track would move to the next track regardless of the advert block that is played ?
Yes.

If you're using track lists a lot, I highly recommend you updating to 5.0.3.1 as there were several fixes made to improve this feature.

Back