Remote Desktop Connection

Gary Wilton

Hi;

I've set up a remote desktop connection to a computer running Radio Caster 2.7 and Radio Logger 3.2. Every time I connect, both programs freeze. To resolve this I open the settings option (on both programs) and click source/change/ok/ok and they start streaming and logging again. When I log off Remote desktop, the same thing happens. I have the RDC set to "play on remote" in the local resources/settings configuration. It seems like the audio configuration on the remote computer is disabled every time a connection logged on and/or off. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to resolve this?

Thanks;
Gary

What Windows version do you use and what is the audio source configuration in the programs?

The remote computer is windows 10. The audio source for both programs is Lexicon Alpha USB Device and both are configured as sound card source input, driver/direct sound device/Lexicon Alpha with 44100 sample rate.

GaryW said:
The remote computer is windows 10. The audio source for both programs is Lexicon Alpha USB Device and both are configured as sound card source input, driver/direct sound device/Lexicon Alpha with 44100 sample rate.
Quick test did not confirm the problem... Can you please try switching the driver to WASAPI instead of DirectSound?

Switching both to WASAPI fixed the issue with Radio Caster, but Radio Logger still stalls on connecting and logging off.

GaryW said:
Switching both to WASAPI fixed the issue with Radio Caster, but Radio Logger still stalls on connecting and logging off.
This is really odd as internally both software pieces use the same method to work with sound sources. Is it possible to try another sound card? As we're still unable to reproduce it here...

I switched the Lexicon Alpha to an M-Audio Fast Track card as a test and got the same results - RC works fine but RL still freezes on connect and log off. Could it have something to do with the two programs simultaneously accessing the same soundcard on the same computer?

GaryW said:
RC works fine but RL still freezes on connect and log off
This is odd... Can you please send a screenshot of RadioLogger settings window, so that we try to reproduce it here as close to your setup as possible? You can sent it to support@djsoft.net (if you don't want to make it publicly available on forums).

GaryW said:
Could it have something to do with the two programs simultaneously accessing the same soundcard on the same computer?
I don't think so - all programs are isolated from each other, and neither of them is using the sound card in exclusive mode. It appears to be something wrong with RadioLogger.

Back