Remote Question?

Ron

With remote can someone  else run my radio if possible will remote allow someone  to run my radio, I know they can't use mic but can they run the radio and change what's played, as long as I set it up on my PC and is there an example of it used?

Remote Control is limited to API commands: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/remote_controlapi.htm
Anyone who knows the password can execute commands.
For a full remote control it's better to use Windows Remote Desktop or similar software.

Is it possible to set up on a hosted server?  I suppose Windows 2003 but how difficult and how expensive is it to do?

bookbuster said:
Is it possible to set up on a hosted server?  I suppose Windows 2003 but how difficult and how expensive is it to do?
You can use RadioBOSS on server as well. Windows Server 2003 is supported. How expensive - it depends on what server you choose. Good ones will be around $100/month.

I have setup a full  network that we use just for your radio station. Is it possible for someone to log in using remote desktop, Use there mic at a remote location? Also we run this through our other larger network and have had great luck using your software. Everyone loves using it for our live shows. It would be better if we could use our remote desktop logins to do live interviews and such. Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks
Nate
iporadio.com

I wasn't tested yet under such an environment. We'll test various remote control options and then I'll be able to tell you what solution works best with inputs. It'll be published in the How-To section.

djsoft said:
I wasn't tested yet under such an environment. We'll test various remote control options and then I'll be able to tell you what solution works best with inputs. It'll be published in the How-To section.

Thank you I will keep an eye out.
Also if we figure this out I will let you know what worked for us.

djsoft said:

Just to keep you posted yes we have it all working!!!
Broadcasting from remote location Logging into server using remote desktop

Here is the small setup.
Remote host setup
Dell server running winserver2008 r2
Remote desktop for outside DJs to login and do shows
radio boss (trial Version) for testing
Steinberg UR-22
Alesis usb Board
Sterling st51 mics

Broadcast server
new loaded dedicated server
Running Centos 6
centovacast
Auto dj with a remote patch that the remote server (radioboss) logs into.

So the dj that is logged into the remote server is using his laptop
using a snowball usb mic
remote desktop into remote server
The INPUT is using the DS Remote audio

Seems to be working great so far
I think we will need to work on the buffering section of radioboss

I hope this can help someone out there that wants to do the same thing

I assume that doing a hosted radio boss would work if you enable all media access through remote desktop. You will also have to save different settings for each computer that connects to it.

I would like to try and set this up on our main server for our DJ tools but I would need to make a few changes to the software I think.  Like different settings for mics and such. We also have a red5 server we are working on and If i could somehow get this to work with that we would be more then golden.

Anyways thanks for such a great product. 

Nate
iporadio.com

Just and Update on the Remote users.

We have everything successfully working now. We have done multiple shows from several remote locations and things are working flawlessly. As stated in my last comment the equipment has not changed much. We did switch to a Steinberg  ur22 USB interface for our remote locations.

We are still patched into our server using Remote Desktop. Our remote setup is just a laptop using the wifi hotspot from our cell phones. This does not take up any bandwidth because everything is being controlled on our main servers high speed connections. really the only thing we are sending is audio through the laptops.

This week we will be at the Warped tour doing live remote interviews.
I will Keep you posted on how well this works. 

Thanks
Nate
iporadio.com

Just a follow up, Things are still working perfect for us. We were unable to do a remote live from the warped tour due to the wifi and 4g towers being full. We are switching over to a full on satellite system and this should work out great for us.

The remote setup we have is working flawless. We have done over 30 remote location logins with no problems.

Radio Boss is perfect for us. Iporadio.com has been doing some large scale testing on this product a we have not had any major problems.

If anyone has questions for us feel free to chime in

Thanks DJsoft
Nate
IpoRadio.com 

Great! Please let us know if there's some feature missing in RadioBOSS, or something we can improve for this use case. Some of the requests will be scheduled for the upcoming RadioBOSS 5.2 major update.

Back