Repeat Protection

In order for an artist not to be repeated (within the rules) do all of the same artists songs have to be in the same folder? I have individual folders of albums from the same artists in my library.

In order for an artist not to be repeated (within the rules) do all of the same artists songs have to be in the same folder? I have individual folders of albums from the same artists in my library.
The location where the files are placed doesn't matter. It checks the "Artist" tag field.

Release 6.2

Our Additional track information storage location is: Database (SQL Lite)

The following was added in 6.2.
Option added: use the Last Played tag when checking for repeat protection in Track List

Can you please explain how this option works because it does not work as I thought it would.

I believed it would play the oldest track that met all the repeat protection rules but it does not. For instance, there is a track that is the only one in the entire library by that artist and yet this track, with a very old last played date, is not selected.

Thank You

Option added: use the Last Played tag when checking for repeat protection in Track List

Can you please explain how this option works because it does not work as I thought it would.
This just adds another layer of checks for Repeat Protection. When this option is disabled, it will only check for repeat protection using the internal list of played tracks. When it's enabled, it will also check the Last Played tag just in case.

Back