Review of Requests

dashford

dashford said:
We want to/need to send metadata about the show during the breaks.
djsoft said:
Yes, it will be possible to set the custom title for Pause in the RadioBOSS 4.7.1.

dashford said:
It seems to me it would be useful if RadioBOSS could be set up to send a text or email if, say, the silence detector is triggered, or if a scheduled event fails to run for some reason.  I think program directors and station managers could make good use of this.
djsoft said:
Yes, I agree, the idea is very good.
Will be implemented in the nearest possible future :)

dashford said:
Would it be possible to calibrate the output range so that it is the same as the preview feature? (that is, up to +13dB)  That extra headroom comes in handy!  Thanks.
djsoft said:
Volume control extension will most likely appear in the next update.

dashford said:
It's far from a complaint, as we love what RB can do now with segues.  But it *would* be very useful during live shows to be able to edit the current track's segue into the next track (at least while the first portion of the track is playing).  Not all our hosts are able to "work ahead"!
djsoft said:
Yes... not being able to change parameters in real time is not convenient. So I scheduled it for the future RadioBOSS 4.7.4.

I don't mean to be overly critical but none of these changes have been implemented in RadioBOSS 4.7.4.  Really, we're grownups here -- if something is requested that you aren't going to add (either short-term or long-term), it's perfectly OK to say "not any time soon" or "no, I don't think that's going to happen."  We can take it.

Thanks for summary.

The main purpose of minor updates (when 3rd or 4th number of version changes) is to fix bugs and minor issues. If possible, minor features are added as well... but it's not always possible.

The requests are still on the list and will be gradually added to the program. Please be patient :)

Back