Schedule Removal of Missing Files from Library

phs

Is there a way to schedule removal of missing files from a library? We have a library to index audio assets of our presenters -- they are frequently adding, moving and removing files but the current automatic update only adds new/moved files without removing the old it seems.

You can schedule music library update (using the command from the Tools menu in the music library). It will add new files and remove the files that do not exist - the updating essentially rebuilds the music library.

That's not the behaviour I've been seeing; I'll double-check I've got the Scheduled task configured correctly though.

phs said:
That's not the behaviour I've been seeing; I'll double-check I've got the Scheduled task configured correctly though.
The command always rebuilds the library, all missing tracks will be removed because of this.

Conway said:
Is there a command or button somewhere that will run a music library update instantly?
The operation is generally not instant as it needs to read the music file list and then read information for each track. The only command for this is the makelibrary command - this is the one that is created when you schedule automatic music library update. In the future versions we'll optimize it, allowing to not re-read the files already in the library.

Back