Scheduler Feature: Shuffle the Playlist before inserting

Dmitry,

We are using the text comment tags more and more in RadioBOSS so that content inserted into the player is clearly identified to show what it is and where it came from.  The text comments are an ideal way to do this and for our live presenters it takes some of the hidden magic out of how it all works.

60 times a day we insert advert blocks which are stored as playlists.  A month ago I created a DOS batch file to rotate the names of these advert playlists - and this happens at 11:55pm every night.  This has been highly successful.

Yesterday I decided to test an extra variable - to shuffle those advert playlists before inserting.  That works extremely well too and breaks up the monotony of hearing the adverts go to air in the same order each time.

At the top of every advert playlist I have a text comment tag that identifies the content block.  With shuffle mode it shuffles everything - the text comment tag and the advert files - and the end result is that the player screen looks a bit untidy.

Would you consider doing a mod so that the text comment block remains as is at the beginning of the playlist (or the end of the playlist, or both) and only the audio files are shuffled ?

I highly recommend that other users consider using the text comment tags as they are a brilliant way to put text comments into the player AND can be used as a debugging tool.

This text comment tag concept could be applied to other aspects of RadioBOSS as well (like where the content comes from when using Playlist Generator Pro)  but let's keep it simple to start with.

Thanks in advance,  Jamie C.

Back