Scheduler Inserting Items at Position 2

phs

When our top of the hour news event runs, for some reason it is inserting the tracks at position #2 in the playlist, instead of at position #1.

Refer attached screenshot.

• "Freestylers - Push Up" is currently playing, in the middle of the track.
  • The "NEWS - News Opener", "airnews", and "NEWS - News Closer" items were inserted by the "AirNews - Weekdays" event that ran at 15:00:00  (5 seconds before this screenshot).
  • The 3 news tracks should have got above "The Corrs - Breathless".

I don't think it used to do this, so perhaps something since 5.8 version?

Attachments

• scheduler-wrong-order.png
    scheduler-wrong-order.png
    261.1 KB · Views: 303
It inserts at the position after last played track, it becomes a bit more complex if playlist is being cleared or scheduled tracks are removed. The currently playing track is not on the screenshot, so it's hard to tell if something's wrong there.

Here is a screenshot of the options for the event. Any suggestions would be great - our news is supposed to be as close to the top of the hour as possible but with this behavior an extra track is being played, pushing the news out by 2 to 4 minutes.

Attachments

• airnews-event-options.png
    airnews-event-options.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 310
phs said:
Here is a screenshot of the options for the event. Any suggestions would be great - our news is supposed to be as close to the top of the hour as possible but with this behavior an extra track is being played, pushing the news out by 2 to 4 minutes.
If a track is playing, and the news event starts, it will be inserted after the currently playing track. What are the actions that this event is doing?

It is inserting it after the next queued track, not the currently playing track.

This means the current track with finish (good), then the next queued track will play (bad), then the news plays.

Yes, it does so because queued track has a priority, I don't remember the exact reason behind that, but this is by design.

Okay..... Is there a way we can defeat that design so the news runs as close as possible to the time set in the scheduler?

I'm not sure, we'll see what could be done about it (there was some reason to make events start after the queued tracks). Perhaps you can change the way it works - e.g. do not use the queue before news, or clear it from the playback queue window.

Mine always fires off at the top of the hour, Scheduled the news as a top of the hour event, and checked the box 'run scheduled launch without waiting for current track to finish'.  .. works for me  :)

Conway said:
Mine always fires off at the top of the hour, Scheduled the news as a top of the hour event, and checked the box 'run scheduled launch without waiting for current track to finish'.  .. works for me  :)
Yes, actually it is - if playback queue is used, it will modify the queue to make sure the scheduled track goes first.

Back