Scheduler on Radioboss cloud

puregold

Hi
I am starting to think I am asking Radio boss cloud to do something it wont do!

Its a simple situation but so far no one seems to be able to help me so I thought I would post and see if any other users have the same issue it is a basic simple problem!

OK I have a number of folder one for each decade so 60 7080 90. So far so good.I created a playlist called it auto dj. I then set about adding items to it by adding two or three 60s same for 70 80s etc withj station id or jingle in between . This is teh main playlist that functions like an auto dj selecting random tracks from each of the decade folders. When it gets to the bottom of the list it returns to the top and repoeats . Its been doing that for almost 3 years now!

So I would like to in effect create a similar playlist but just selecting songs from lets say 80s. so I worked on a similar idea two or three random selections then a jingle two more tracks followed by a station id. In the sheduler I asked it to play that playlist at lets say 8 am fine . I made sure the option that deletes tracks once played did not have a tick in it so once played it would delet the entry in the playlist. Once it gets to the end of the list it has no more tracks of course. I want it to rotate and continue to keep selecting random songs for maybe an hour. The station Id Commercials etc are on seprate rotations and all function fine. My problem is getting the new 80s playlist to loop. Ok I could add lots on select randon track entries but how do I know how many I will need for an hour. I tried adding about 20 tracks and setting the time out to 3600 seconds hoping it would stop and be thrown back to the main Auto dj playlist but it didnt.

Hope you can understand my description I have been advised to read the scheduler info sorry that doesn't cover what I am asking. Ive looked on YouTube cant find anything useful. Ive tried about 4 times over the last year and now starting to think its time to ditch radioboss cloud if it isn't capable of this simple request.

I hope I'm doing something wrong and likewise would be very very grateful if someone has a solution. Many thanks

Kind regards Mike

This is teh main playlist that functions like an auto dj selecting random tracks from each of the decade folders. When it gets to the bottom of the list it returns to the top and repoeats . Its been doing that for almost 3 years now!
Yes, this is rotation, it's looped. This is how it's supposed to work.

My problem is getting the new 80s playlist to loop.
If you want it to remain in the playlist after playback, you can check the "Insert as regular playlist tracks" option. But please be careful, if event is set to run every day, those 80s tracks will pile up in the playlist.

Another (and more reliable) way would be to set this event to repeat instead - in this case, it will play, then it's deleted, but after some time (=repeat period) it will play again.

Hi many thanks for the reply I just set up a new playlist and put 6 actual random tracks in the playlist. I started it via the sheduler all worked well but of course it ran out of tracks if i opted tor repeat then I presume it would stop after doing another 6 random tracks how does it return to the main auto dj rotation will the duration limit time out and stop the rotation in the new rotation and return back to the main auto dj rotation. Thanks for explaining this I think I was heading the wrong direction before. I don't want it to remain in the playlist ie the tracks it selects i just want the random rotation to remain in there that I could restart on another day.

Lastly if i opt for the second preferred option I could get it to repeat say 24 hours after. If I wanted teh rotation to last 1 hour this would depend on the track lengths. Could I use the duration limit to end the one hour period?

Last edited:
Thanks Dimtry,

Just thinking back at what I am trying to achieve.

I don't see how I can do it other than using a pc here at home acting as a presenter but selecting the random tracks.

I had hoped the scheduler would be able to play random tracks from a folder on the server for a period of one hour. I can see how to initiate the event everything works great, even the jingles commercials etc all work using different events in the scheduler BUT, as it is selecting the tracks I have no idea how many playlist entries I need to fill the full hour. There doesnt seem to be any way to stop the event after 60 mins other than there has to be the correct number of playlist entries to fill the hour which I cant know as I dont know what tracks the server will select.

I had hoped the duration limit would stop the event and return back to the auto dj?

My thoughts were to have say 30 random selections which would be more than an hours worth. The duration limit would then have taken care of the ending of the whole event after a timed 60 seconds.

I have done this in the past with other server control panels and other servers but having problems finding a way to do it on the cloud based radioboss.

Its such a basic requirement I'm thinking I must be missing something?

Thanks again for your help Just to repeat I am wanting to select an hours worth of random tracks from a single folder on the server and hand back to the auto after one hour.

Thanks for your thoughts

Im not sure what I was doing wrong but I have just tried a 120 second duration limit which meant it would play just one track and would then go back to the main autodj rotation and it worked. setting the repeat function to lets say an hour repeated the process and didnt add the files to the playlist. I was obviouslly doing something wrong but pleased it works. Had a good sleep last night that probably helped. Thanks for your help
Mike

as it is selecting the tracks I have no idea how many playlist entries I need to fill the full hour.
In this case you should ensure that it has at least one hour. Find the shortest track that it can select, divide 60 minutes by it and you have a number of tracks that will guarantee there'll be at least one hour of music.

I had hoped the duration limit would stop the event and return back to the auto dj?
Yes, duration limit will do exactly that.

You should start "main" rotation with the "Insert as regular playlist tracks" option. This will make it keep those tracks in the playlist. Other events will start/play/delete, but those will stay. Of course they will stay if there are no other events with "Replace playlist" option.

Ok I am getting very close.
I created sufficient tracks to last more than an hour.
It selecting random tracks from the 80s folder over and over until the duration limit is reached but instead of fading out and the auto dj starting,
when the scheduled track hit the duration limit it keeps playing the remainder of that track, plus the auto dj starts up so both tracks playing at the same time!

How can i stop this happening?

I have insert position set to replace playlist I have tried other settings but get the same problem.

I created sufficient tracks to last more than an hour.
It selecting random tracks from the 80s folder over and over until the duration limit is reached but instead of fading out and the auto dj starting,
when the scheduled track hit the duration limit it keeps playing the remainder of that track, plus the auto dj starts up so both tracks playing at the same time!
What do you mean by Auto DJ? If you don't connect live, then only one stream plays from RadioBOSS Cloud. Please check if you have events with Overlay Playback option enabled, they will play together with the main playlist.

Back