Scheduler: unexpected behavior

JFrankParnell

I have playlist1 and playlist2.  I'm playing pl2 and i set up an event to play pl1, with a sweeper 1st.
Expected: play a sweeper from the sweeper dir, then switch to pl1 and play it.
Actual: no sweeper, songs from pl1 are *inserted* into pl2.  They stay in pl2, until a song from pl2 is double clicked, at which point, the pl1 songs go away, one at a time...

What am i missing here?

Events are inserted to active playlist tab - you can't make scheduler insert tracks to another playlist.

Hmm, yeah, I didnt want any tracks inserted, anywhere, I just thought it would switch to the specified playlist and play it.  It seems like it's using the active tab as more of a 'Queue'?  Adding and subtracting songs into it... 

What about the sweepers?  I pointed it to a dir with sweepers (as .flac) and it doesnt insert/play or do anything with them.

JFrankParnell said:
Hmm, yeah, I didnt want any tracks inserted, anywhere, I just thought it would switch to the specified playlist and play it.  It seems like it's using the active tab as more of a 'Queue'?  Adding and subtracting songs into it... 
Yes, that's correct. One case when the playlist is not used at all is when you use the "Overlay playback" option.

JFrankParnell said:
What about the sweepers?  I pointed it to a dir with sweepers (as .flac) and it doesnt insert/play or do anything with them.
The sweeper will be inserted if certain conditions are met:
- the Maximum time to fill is set to appropriate value, e.g. 300 seconds (this should be the value your sweeper filder can handle - you should have lots of sweepers 300 seconds or below).
- when the event is giong to be started soon, the current track's remaining playback time has to be less than maximum time to fill amount.

djsoft said:
JFrankParnell said:
The sweeper will be inserted if certain conditions are met:
- the Maximum time to fill is set to appropriate value, e.g. 300 seconds (this should be the value your sweeper filder can handle - you should have lots of sweepers 300 seconds or below).
- when the event is giong to be started soon, the current track's remaining playback time has to be less than maximum time to fill amount.
The Max time to fill is 120 seconds.  I have 10 sweepers, from 5-50 seconds each. 
...I think youre saying that if my event starts at noon and RB cant play a song, because there is only 1 minute to noon and the next song is longer, RB will fill in with sweepers?

Wul, I dont want that.  I just want it to  play a sweeper and switch playlists and start playing it.  It would be good if either it waited for the last song to finish (and therefore start at e.g. 12:02 instead of noon) or decided it didnt have time for the last song, and go ahead with my event, early.  But mostly, I'd just like it to do what i say: play a sweeper and start the other playlist.  i have 'run sheduled launch without waiting for current track to finish' selected.  If i uncheck that, the scheduled pl goes into the queue, but without a sweeper.

JFrankParnell said:
The Max time to fill is 120 seconds.  I have 10 sweepers, from 5-50 seconds each. 
...I think youre saying that if my event starts at noon and RB cant play a song, because there is only 1 minute to noon and the next song is longer, RB will fill in with sweepers?
Yes, if you have Maximum time to fill 60 seconds or more, and there are sweepers that are 60 seconds or longer, then a sweeper will be played intead of a song.

JFrankParnell said:
Wul, I dont want that.  I just want it to  play a sweeper and switch playlists and start playing it.
In this case, you should either add it to the start of the next playlist, or to the end of your current playlist.
There's "Multiple actions" feature in the scheduler - you can put two actions: playlist intro sweeper, and then the playlist.
For what you need, you don't need to use the Sweepers feature in the scheduler - it's for another purpose, as I stated above.

JFrankParnell said:
  It would be good if either it waited for the last song to finish (and therefore start at e.g. 12:02 instead of noon) or decided it didnt have time for the last song, and go ahead with my event, early. 
This is possible, too.
Set event start time to 11:58, and also set "Maximum time to wait" to 4 minutes with "Play" action. Uncheck the "Run scheduled launch immediately" checkbox. The event will be put into queue at 11:58, and will start before or at 12:02 - depending on when the current track ends.

Back