• Definitely no

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don't care

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters

djsoft

Staff member
Interested in a public opinion :)

Does anyone need skins support for RadioBOSS? Of course it will be possible to switch easily between skinned and non-skinned (windows standard) UI.

hey djsoft

you have a spelling error on your first poll option

it saids I will be great!, which it should say

it will be great

Chris,
Skin system for RB is in the plans for the near future. I know many people would like a dark theme :)
It's already implemented in RadioCaster, but currently it's not possible to include the same thing in RadioBOSS for technical reasons.

It would be nice (not essential) to be able to show a station logo on the screen somewhere and maybe the Phone / Text / Twitter / FB details for presenters to see easily

howebzar said:
It would be nice (not essential) to be able to show a station logo on the screen somewhere and maybe the Phone / Text / Twitter / FB details for presenters to see easily
It's already possible to have station logo in the program: click on the RadioBOSS's icon in the top right corner and it'll offer you to change the image.

What's the point to skins or logo on the program no one sees it at all but you or the workers that are around you on that PC you know?

WBGS-Founder said:
What's the point to skins or logo on the program no one sees it at all but you or the workers that are around you on that PC you know?
When you work with it every day, a way to change the UI color scheme can be useful. Also there are people who do not like the standard Windows gray controls. UI color scheme can be already customized, and we'll improve it further in 5.1 release.

Well, if you say so I know programs like Sam Broadcaster don't have skins just window templates like you can resize your window and move stuff around you know.

WBGS-Founder said:
Well, if you say so I know programs like Sam Broadcaster don't have skins just window templates like you can resize your window and move stuff around you know.
There are lots of things Sam doesn't have. This doesn't matter.

Name some huh just aying skins are useless same as user being on screen that's just my opinion.

WBGS-Founder said:
Name some huh just aying skins are useless
The vote results and feature requests to our mail show that some people would like to have skins :)

I guess so I guess one day if the skins are good ill use them if they are in my vision lol you know I just like the software for what it does and that's what i use it for so yeah.

Well Dimitri, we have many different opinions here. Skins are good and n=bad same time.I'm affradi software start get slow  cause skins willdemand more graphic resourses.
Second, skins are really useless on my opinion. If you can reconfigure your desktop moving the areas, I think is more util then skins.
A radio broadcast professional and expensive applications doesn't have skins but they have many options that could be implemented in Radioboss and make it the Boss of radio atuomations softwares.
I have many ideas after 20 years working in many stations in Americas and I can email you some of then
Regards

ncborges said:
Well Dimitri, we have many different opinions here. Skins are good and n=bad same time.I'm affradi software start get slow  cause skins willdemand more graphic resourses.
RadioBOSS already has support for styles, and I don't thnik there's any noticeable (if at all) slow down...

ncborges said:
, skins are really useless on my opinion. If you can reconfigure your desktop moving the areas, I think is more util then skins.
We considered this option in the past, but finally decided against it. It was discussed on forums in the past, too, the final decision was that moving areas will complicate UI a lot.

ncborges said:
A radio broadcast professional and expensive applications doesn't have skins but they have many options that could be implemented in Radioboss and make it the Boss of radio atuomations softwares.
I have many ideas after 20 years working in many stations in Americas and I can email you some of then
That would be great!

Back